With Citrix App Layering appliance, also known as Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM), in Nutanix AHV, you can manage layers, image templates, and system settings, whether the settings are for the App Layering Management Console, or for the appliance itself.
Systems settings are available in the Management Console. You can configure the following.
- Administrator passwords
- Network File Shares
- Connections to Directory Service
- Security settings
- Log File and Task Retention
- Email Notifications
- HTTP Certificate
- App Layering Labs features
To manage system storage, you can:
- Check the amount of free space in the appliance's local storage.
- Add space to an existing disk in locally attached storage.
- Add a disk to locally attached storage.
- Add storage locations for User Layers.
Basic appliance settings
You can access the App Layering appliance by logging into (or remote logging into) the appliance, and changing the following settings:
- IP address
- Date and Time
- Time Zone
- Synchronization of the system clock
In the Management Console you can manage layers in the following ways:
- Update each of your layers, either by editing its properties or by adding new versions to it.
- Export the layers and then import them into a new appliance
- Delete individual layer versions and the original layer itself.
You can also manage image templates:
- Add new versions to the layers already included.
- Edit image template settings:
- Add or remove layers included in the template.
- Edit the image name, description, or icon.
- Select a different Connector Configuration, for example, if you want to publish images to a different location.
- Select a different Platform layer.
- Edit the Layered Image Disk details, for example, the Elastic Layering setting.
- Delete image templates.