To create an Image Template you need:
- A Platform Layer containing the software required for your environment:
- When publishing images to PVS for XenApp users, the following must be installed on the Platform Layer:
- Citrix PVS Device imaging tools
- XenApp VDA installed
Create an Image Template
To create an Image Template:
- In the App Layering Management Console (UMC), select the Images module, then click Create Template. This opens the Create Template wizard.
- In the Name and Description tab, enter a Name for the template and notes in the Description field, so you can identify the template when choosing one for publishing a Layered Image.
- In the OS Layer tab, select one of the Available OS Layers. If there is more than one Layer Version, the most recent version is selected by default. You can choose an older version by expanding the Layer and choosing a different one.
- In the App Assignment tab, select the App Layers to include in the Layered Images that you publish using this template.
On the Connector tab, select the PVS Connector Configuration that includes the information needed to publish the Layered Image to the correct location.
If the Connector Configuration you need is not available, add one. Click New, choose the Connector Type, and follow the instructions to Create a Connector Configuration.
On the Platform Layer tab, select a Platform Layer containing the tools and hardware settings that you need to publish Layered Images to your PVS location.
On the Layered Image Disk tab, edit the following fields, as needed:
- Layered Image Disk File name. Enter a name for the Layered Image Disk.
- Layered Image Disk Size. The default disk size of 100 GB is recommended.
- Elastic Layering - Select the Application Layering option to activate Elastic Layering on this Layered Image.
- User Layer - (Labs feature) When enabled in System Settings, you can select the Office 365 option to save the settings and data for users assigned an Office 365 App layer. Similarly, the Full option saves the settings and data for users assigned any other App Layer (exclusive of Office 365.)
- On the Confirm and Complete tab, enter any comments you would like for this layer, and click Create Template.
The new Template icon appears in the Images module.
You can now use this image template to publish layered images to PVS running in vSphere, as described in this article: