Most CloudBridge appliances use a simple inline deployment, where each accelerated bridge serves just one WAN link. This is the simplest mode to configure.
In Figure 1, all traffic passing through the
accelerated bridge is assumed to be WAN traffic. The link is an
ADSL link with different send and receive speeds (6.0 mbps down,
1.0 mbps up). The WAN is connected to accelerated bridge port
apA.1, and the LAN is connected accelerated bridge port
This link is easy to configure on the Edit Links page, shown in the following
Figure 2. WAN definition (top) and LAN definition (bottom)
The tasks for defining the WAN-side link (apA.1) are:
- Give the WAN a descriptive name, such as “WAN to HQ (apA.1).”
- Set the type to “WAN.”
- Set the incoming and outgoing bandwidth limits to 95% of the nominal link speed.
- Verify that a rule has been defined that specifies the WAN Ethernet adapter, which in this example is apA.1
- Click Save.
The tasks for the LAN-side link (apA.2) are similar:
- Give it a descriptive name, such as “Local LAN (apA.2).”
- Set the type to “LAN.”
- Set the incoming and outgoing bandwidth limits to 95% of the nominal Ethernet speed (95 mbps or 950 mbps).
- Verify that a rule exists that specifies the LAN Ethernet adapter, which in this example is apA.2.
- Click Save.
The configuration shown in Figure 3 is
similar to the one shown in Figure 1-3, but the site has a second
link, a T1 link to the corporate WAN, in addition to the ADSL
Internet link. The CloudBridge has two accelerated bridges, one for
each WAN link.
Configuration is almost as simple as the
single-bridge case, with the following additional steps:
- Edit a second WAN link on apB, which in this case is apB.1. Set the type to “WAN.” Set the link bandwidth to 95% of the 1.5 mbps T1 speed, and give the link a new name, such as “WAN to HQ.”
- Add a rule specifying apB.2 to the “LAN” definition and delete the default link definition for apB.2. (Alternatively, you can edit the default link definition for apB.2 to specify it as a LAN link, as was done for apA.2.)