The supported upgrade paths to CloudPortal Business Manager (CPBM) are as follows:
- From CPBM 2.3.0 onwards, the workflows.xml and transactionWorkflowMap.xml XML files are moved from citrix.cpbm.custom.common bundle to /usr/share/vts3/repository/prop directory. If you have customized these files then you must merge new changes made into these files. New version of these files are saved with ".rpmnew" extension under /usr/share/vts3/repository/prop directory.
- From CPBM 2.1.1 onwards, a new directory connectors_ext has been created under /usr/share/vts3/ directory. This directory contains the com.citrix.cpbm.connector.ext.plan and the connector-ext.properties file. Customers must deploy their connectors into this directory and edit the appropriate plan. Contents of com.citrix.cpbm.plan and com.citrix.cpbm.connector.plan must not be modified.
- In CPBM 2.1.0, if you had deployed your own connectors instead of CPBM connectors such as, Apache CloudStack, Citrix CloudPlatform under the connectors/ directory, then move the deployed connector bundles to the connectors_ext directory and edit the plan appropriately.
- Move your connector artifact, for example:
<artifact type="bundle" name="<bundle.artifact.id>" version="[<x.x.x>, <x.x.x>]"/> from com.citrix.cpbm.connector.plan located at /usr/share/vts3/connectors and add it to com.citrix.cpbm.connector.ext.plan located at /usr/share/vts3/connectors_ext after the line:
<artifact type="configuration" name="connector-ext"/>
- Copy the connector OSGi service bundle in the Virgo's /usr/share/vts3/connectors_ext directory.
- As part of the upgrade, the contents of the /usr/share/vts3/patches/ directory is removed because the latest version includes all the fixes. After the upgrade, the /usr/share/vts3/patches/ directory contains the patches.plan along with the patches.properties file. It is recommended that you back up the patches folder before the upgrade.
- For CPBM 2.4, the supported MySQL server version is 5.6. Therefore, you must first complete the upgrade to MySQL 5.6.
- For CPBM 2.4, the supported Java version is 1.7. During the upgrade process, select "y" to upgrade to Java 1.7.
Note: Do not delete the patches.properties and connector-ext.properties files.
- Before upgrade, if the cloud.properties file contains encrypted values of any property, they must be replaced by the clear-text (or decrypted) values. These properties can be replaced by encrypted values post upgrade. The cloud.properties file path is:
- Citrix CloudPlatform management server must be up and running while performing the CPBM upgrade.
- Make sure that you have taken a backup of CPBM database (DB).
- If upgrade fails, automatic system rollback is not supported. It is therefore strongly recommended to take the complete Virtual Machine (VM) backup or snapshot of the CPBM server and DB.
- In a clustered environment, code upgrade must be performed on all the servers, but the DB upgrade (Shell script) must be run only on one of the nodes.
- Make sure that the cloud-portal service is stopped before the upgrade is performed. In a clustered setup, the cloud-portal service must be stopped on all the nodes before upgrade.
- If there is any customization done in your setup, then merge your changes with the latest customization code before upgrade. For more information, refer to Installing and building custom components.
| Requirement || Version |
| CloudPortal Business Manager (old) || 2.1.x (any) or 2.2.x (any) or 2.3.x (any) |
| CloudPortal Business Manager (new) || 2.4.x |
| Python || Default with CentOS (Python 2.6 for CentOS 6.3) |
Use the following commands:
yum -y install MySQL-python
yum -y install unzip
yum –y install mysql
if you want to:
- install the required packages, if they do not exist.
- update the packages with their respective latest version.
Steps to upgrade CloudPortal Business Manager 2.1.x / 2.2.x / 2.3.x to CloudPortal Business Manager 2.4.x