You can request certificate
from any system in the domain; however, make sure to logon using domain service
account credentials. The domain account must have local administrator rights to
the system requesting a certificate from the Certificate Server.
certificate that you request must be exported as a .p12 or PKCS12 certificate
and copied to the Device Manager server.
- Export the certificate as a .p12 or PKCS12 certificate from the
web browser used or from the Certificates console on the CA server.
- Open an MMC Console and add the Certificates Snap-in.
- Right-click the certificate that you requested and then click
All Tasks and Export.
- In the Certificate Export window, click
Yes to export the private key.
- Enter a password for the exported certificate. You will need to
remember this password.
- Enter a file name for the certificate export and then click
Note: The file name cannot contain spaces.
- Copy the filename.pfx or filename.p12 to the Device Manager
server and specify a location.