To support in-browser document preview, thumbnails and View-Only sharing of data stored in customer-managed StorageZones, configure the StorageZones controller as follows:
- In the StorageZones Controller console, click the ShareFile Data tab.
- In the Local Network Share Configuration section, enable Configure office web apps previews.
- Enter the external URL of your Microsoft Office Web Apps (OWA) server.
- Users must download and configure the OWA server software via their Microsoft Office MSDN subscription.
- Verify that the OWA URL is externally accessible.
- In the StorageZones Controller Console, click the Monitoring tab.
- Verify that OWA Server Connectivity has a green checkmark.
Configure Clock Synchronization
Modifying the OWA URAL or Disabling Previews
- Either of the above actions requires that the IIS service be restarted for each Primary and Secondary controller.
On-Premise File Preview Rendering
- On-premise file previews are rendered by your on-premise Microsoft Office Web Apps (OWA) Server.
- When previewing files stored on a Citrix-managed StorageZone, previews will be rendered by Citrix-managed or Microsoft-managed OWA servers.
The following Zone types do not support in-browser previewing:
- Restricted StorageZones
Time to Live (TTL) Limit
Time to Live (TTL) limit for your file when viewing is approximately 4 hours. After previewing a file for that amount of time, the document preview is canceled and the user must click the magnifying glass or the shared file URL again to start a new preview session.
To modify the TTL limit, you must edit the AppSettingsRelease.config file as follows:
- Navigate to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StorageCenter\Wopiserver
- Open the AppSettingsRelease.config file for editing
- Locate the following string and modify the value as needed.
- <add key="WopiRequestExpiryTimeInMins" value="240"/><!-- TTL set to 4 hours -->
- Restart IIS
- Repeat the above steps for each server in the Zone.