Two key factors impact your users' satisfaction when working in a multi-user environment: how quickly sessions start, and how easily users can print.
Your printing configuration directly affects how long sessions take to start and the traffic on your network. Planning your printing configuration includes determining the printing pathway to use, how to provision printers in sessions, and how to maintain printer drivers.
Consider these recommendations:
- Use Citrix Universal printer drivers and the Universal Printer whenever possible. This results in fewer drivers and less troubleshooting.
- Disable the automatic installation of printer drivers, which is the default setting.
- Adjust printer bandwidth using XenApp policy rules, if appropriate.
- If printing across a WAN, use the XenApp Print job routing policy rule to route print jobs through the client device.
- Test new printers with the Stress Printers utility, which is described in the Citrix Knowledge Center.
Choose printers that are tested with multiuser environments. Printers must be PCL or PS compatible and not host-based. The printing manufacturer determines whether printers work in a XenApp environment, not Citrix.