NetScaler 11.0 offers new and updated features with increased functionality. A comprehensive list of enhancements is listed in the release notes accompanying the release announcement. Take a moment to read this document before you upgrade your software.
It is important to understand the licensing framework and types of licenses before you upgrade your software. A software edition upgrade may require new licenses, such as upgrading from the standard edition to the enterprise edition, the standard edition to the platinum edition, or the enterprise edition to the platinum edition.
This document includes the following information:
In release 10.1 build 122.17, the script files for user monitors are at a new location. If you upgrade an appliance or virtual appliance to release 10.1 build 122.17 or later, the changes are as follows:
- A new directory named conflicts is created in /nsconfig/monitors/ and all the built-in scripts of the previous builds are moved to this directory.
- All new built-in scripts are available in the /netscaler/monitors/ directory. All custom scripts are available in the /nsconfig/monitors/ directory.
- You must save a new custom script in the /nsconfig/monitors/ directory.
- After the upgrade is completed, if a custom script is created and saved in the /nsconfig/monitors/ directory with the same name as that of a built-in script, the script in the /netscaler/monitors/ directory takes priority. That is, the custom script is not run.
If you provision a virtual appliance running release 10.1 build 122.17 or later, the changes are as follows:
- All built-in scripts are available in the /netscaler/monitors/ directory
- The directory /nsconfig/monitors/ is empty.
- If you create a new custom script, you must save it in the /nsconfig/monitors/ directory.
For more information about user monitors, see "Understanding User Monitors."