Citrix Receiver for Android provides on-the-go tablet and phone access to virtual apps and desktops including touch-enabled apps for low intensity use of tablets as alternatives to desktop computers.
Citrix Receiver for Android 3.9 is the current version on Google Play. Users running prior versions should update to the latest version. The preferred method to update or install Citrix Receiver for Android is from Google Play using an Android device. This allows for automatic updates when new versions are available.
Citrix Receiver for Android is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean.
This release of Citrix Receiver for Android addresses several customer reported issues to improve the user experience.
This release of Citrix Receiver for Android is a maintenance release to support for Android Nougat.
This release of Citrix Receiver for Android includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Version 3.9.1 provides an upgrade to the latest OpenSSL library for TLS connections with smart card support.
- Improved TLS support allowing automatic detection of the TLS version in use; this functionality improves the process of adding accounts and upgrading TLS versions in the field.
- This release resolves an issue that occurred when some devices using Mediacodec H264 decoding experienced black screens.
This release of Citrix Receiver for Android provides initial support for the new unified user experience of StoreFront 3.0 and later. Administrators can customize the experience, and different devices receive the same experience, tailored for their devices characteristics. Receiver for Android will automatically choose the unified experience when adding stores for StoreFront servers that provide it.
StoreFront 3.0 delivers centralized customization and branding of your end users' applications and desktop selection experience to Receiver users. Your company can customize the interface to reflect your logo, colors, and so forth. Some of the new Citrix Receiver and StoreFront features:
- Featured app groups. Administrator configured applications that are logically grouped and advertised to users in the applications selection experience.
- Folder view of applications. Return of Web Interface functionality in StoreFront.
- Favorites. Easily add or remove applications to Favorites for quick access.
Many enhancements have been made when using an external monitor with your Android device. External monitors will now work more fluidly when HDX sessions are shown.
Added support for additional 3rd party keyboards, and improved overall robustness of Citrix Receiver keyboard interactions.
This release of Citrix Receiver for Android includes the following additional enhancements and improvements:
- New SSL SDK
- Improved diagnostic information gathering to improve the user experience
- Numerous resolutions to previously reported issues