- Configure Android for Work account settings
- Android for Work app restriction policy
You can modify the restrictions associated with Android for Work apps, but before you can do so, you must meet the following prerequisites:
1. In the XenMobile console, click Configure > Device Policies. The Device Policies page appears.
2. Click Add to add a new policy. The Add a New Policy page appears.
3. On the Add a New Policy page, click More and then under Security, click Android for Work App Restrictions. A dialog box appears asking you to select an app.
4. In the list, select the app to which you want to apply restrictions and then click OK.
5. In the Policy Information pane, enter the following information:
6. Click Next. The Policy Platforms page appears.
7. Under Platforms, in the Android for Work policy information pane, configure the settings for the app you selected. The settings you see depend on the restrictions associated with the selected app. The following figure shows some of the options available for the Google Docs app.
8. Expand Deployment Rules and then configure the following settings:
The Base tab appears by default.
i. You can choose to deploy the policy when all conditions are met or when any conditions are met. The default option is All.
ii. Click New Rule to define the conditions.
iii. In the lists, click the conditions, such as Device ownership and BYOD, as shown in the preceding figure.
iv. Click New Rule again if you want to add more conditions. You can add as many conditions as you would like.
The conditions you chose on the Base tab appear.
i. Click AND, OR, or NOT.
ii. In the lists that appear, choose the conditions that you want to add to the rule and then click the Plus sign (+) on the right-hand side to add the condition to the rule.
At any time, you can click to select a condition and then click EDIT to change the condition or Delete to remove the condition.
iii. Click New Rule again if you want to add more conditions.
In this example, the device ownership must be BYOD, the device local encryption must be True, and the device mobile country code cannot be only Andorra.
9. Click Next.
The Android for Work App Restrictions Policy assignment page appears.
10. Next to Choose delivery groups, type to find a delivery group or select a group or groups in the list to which you want to assign the policy.
The groups you select appear in the Delivery groups to receive app assignment list.
11. Expand Deployment Schedule and then configure the following settings:
This option applies when you have configured the scheduling background deployment key in Settings > Server Properties. The always-on option is not available for iOS devices.
Note that the deployment schedule you configure is the same for all platforms. Any changes you make apply to all platforms, except for Deploy for always on connection, which does not apply to iOS.