You can use the Upgrade Tool to upgrade from XenMobile 9 to XenMobile 10 and from XenMobile 9 to XenMobile 10.1. If your XenMobile 9 setup is based on named SQL instances, you need to follow steps specific to this situation. If your XenMobile 9 environment meets the following prerequisites, follow the steps in this article to upgrade.
1. Go to the Device Manager installation directory and open the ew-config.properties file. This file is available in tomcat\webapps\zdm\WEB-INF\classes.
2. In the ew-config.properties file, search for the following URLs in the DATASOURCE Configuration section:
3. Remove the instance name in the preceding URLs and add the port along with the SQL Server FQDN. In this case, 64940 is the required port.
Add “;domain=<DomainSuffix>” to the end of URL if the user account belongs to a domain.
4. Restart the Device Manager service. Refresh the device connections when the Device Manager instance returns.
5. Determine if the new XenMobile 10 server also needs to work with named SQL instance. If so, identify the port on which the named instance is running. If the port is a dynamic port, Citrix recommends that you convert the port to a static port; then, configure the static port on the new XenMobile server as part of the database setup.
6. Follow the steps in these articles to continue upgrading your XenMobile environment: