These are the basic steps you follow to upgrade XenMobile Enterprise Edition and MAM deployments from XenMobile 9.0 to XenMobile 10.1:
You enable the Upgrade Tool through the command-line interface (CLI) when you first install XenMobile 10.1, as shown in the following figures.
If you want to take a snapshot of your system, do so after the initial XenMobile 10.1 configuration and before accessing the Upgrade Tool.
1. In the CLI, type your administrator user name and password and then enter your network settings.
2. Type y to commit the settings.
3. Select to generate a random passphrase and, optionally, enable FIPS. Enter your database connection information.
4. Type y to commit the settings. XenMobile initializes the database.
5. Select whether to enable clustered servers. Type the XenMobile fully qualified domain name (FQDN). Note the following:
The FQDN for the 9.0 environment and for the 10.1 environment must match.
6. Type y to commit the settings.
7. Set communication ports.
After you set the ports, a prompt appears for the Device Manager instance name that states: If you are upgrading from a previous release, the name must match the previous configured name. Note that default installations use the name zdm. If the default name was changed, you must enter the changed name.
8. Type y to commit the settings.
9. Type the password to be used for certificates and then, select whether to use the same password for all certificates.
10. Type y to commit the settings.
11. Type the user name and password for the XenMobile console administrator.
12. Type y to commit the settings.
13. Type y to upgrade. Note: if you do not select y here, you must configure a new XenMobile 10.1 instance in the command-line console and start the Upgrade Tool again.
XenMobile 10.1 enables the one-time-only Upgrade Tool.
14. Access the Upgrade Tool on a web browser through https://<XenMobile-Server-IPAddress>/uw/.
15. You can now choose between a test drive and a production upgrade. These instructions are for a production upgrade. In the Upgrading XenMobile page, click Upgrade.
16. In the Before You Start dialog box, click Update and then use the Update dialog box to install the latest tool.
After you update the tool, the tool restarts your system.
17. Before continuing, clear your browser cache and reenter the URL to access the Upgrade Tool (https://<XenMobile-Server-IPAddress>/uw/).
18. In the Upgrading XenMobile page, click Upgrade. In the Before You Start dialog box, click Skip.
19. In the Edition to Upgrade page, select your edition. In this example, the edition selected is Enterprise.
20. Click Next.
The Device Manager page appears for XenMobile Enterprise Edition migrations. This step is not required for MAM migrations. If you are doing a MAM migration, the Update App Controller page appears; skip to step 24 to update App Controller.
21. Follow these steps to collect the files needed to migrate your existing XenMobile 9.0 Device Manager data. You will also get access to the database URL and user name that you will copy to the Device Manager page.
a. Click the link in step 1 of the Device Manager page and save the downloaded help-upgrade.zip file.
b. Extract the help-upgrade.jsp file to <MDM-Install-Path>\tomcat\webapps\zdm on your existing XenMobile 9.0 Device Manager.
c. In a browser window, log on to the XenMobile 9.0 server.
d. In a separate browser tab, enter this URL: https://localhost/zdm/help-upgrade.jsp. This opens the XenMobile MDM Upgrade Helper page, which collects and zips all the files from XenMobile 9.0 that are needed for the upgrade to XenMobile 10.1. The zip file is then stored in the server database from where it is extracted. You may need to log on to the help-upgrade.jsp page.
e. Click Zip it and then follow the on-screen steps to collect the files needed for the upgrade.
22. Under Result, copy the URL and paste it in the Database URL field in the Ugrade Tool's Device Manager page. Then copy the user name and copy it to the Device Manager page.
23. In the Upgrade Tool:
a. Enter the password and then click Validate Connection.
b. Enter the password for each certificate and then click Validate Password.
c. Click Next.
24. If you changed the ew-config.properties file, restart the xdm service on XenMobile 9 MDM and then go to https://localhost/zdm/help-upgrade.jsp to run the zip again. Doing so re-reads the ew-config.properties file and saves it to the XenMobile MDM 9 database to prepare for migration.
25. Next you will apply an upgrade patch to App Controller and then generate and upload a support bundle. First, follow the instructions in the App Controller page to upgrade App Controller. Then, follow these steps to create a support bundle:
a. In the App Controller command-line console, type 4 and then press ENTER to open the Troubleshooting menu.
b. In the Troubleshooting menu, type 3 and then press ENTER to open the Support Bundle menu.
c. In the Support Bundle menu, type 1, press ENTER, and then follow the command prompts.
Note: You must encrypt the support bundle.
d. Type y, press ENTER, and then follow the command prompts.
e. In the Support Bundle menu, type 3, press ENTER, and then follow the command prompts.
26. In the App Controller page, specify the support bundle and then click Upload.
The Upgrade Tool processes the collected files (for XenMobile Enterprise Edition) and the support bundle. This step may take more than 15 minutes if you are migrating a large number of users.
27. Click Next. The Start confirmation dialog box appears.
28. Click Start. The Upgrade page appears with progress indicators to let you track the data upgrade from XenMobile 9.0. When the upgrade is complete, the progress indicators are at 100% and the Next button is enabled.
If the upgrade fails, you can view the logs to understand the reason for the error. Then, you need to import a new XenMobile 10.1 instance and restart the upgrade process. You cannot use the browser Back button to return to earlier pages and correct information.
The Upgrade Progress page lets you know when the upgrade has completed successfully.
29. Click Next. The Upgrade Summary page appears.
30. Click the Upgrade log icon to download the log. Be sure to download the log before leaving this page.
Citrix recommends that you review the log to determine the policies, settings, user data, and so on that was or was not upgraded to XenMobile 10.1.
31. After you download the upgrade log, click Next. The Next Steps page appears.
For instructions related to those steps, see Upgrade Tool Post-Requisites.