- About the Upgrade Tool
- Enabling and Running the XenMobile 10.1 Upgrade Tool
- Upgrade Tool Post-Requisites
- Rolling Back XenMobile Upgrades
- Upgrading the MTC tenant server to XenMobile 10.1
If the Multi-Tenant Console (MTC) is enabled on XenMobile 9.0, you can upgrade the MTC tenant server to XenMobile 10.1 by following the steps in this article.
1. Make sure that you configure network address translation (NAT) in front of all of the MTC clients.
2. Install an instance of XenMobile 10.
3. If no port mapping is enabled on the MTC tenant, do the following:
a. Make sure the XenMobile 10 server port that allows HTTPS communication with certificates (normally, port 443) and that allows HTTPS communication without certificates (8443) matches the port used for the XenMobile instance.
b. Configure a new port for management.
c. When port mapping is enabled, use the port that is mapped to and not the port that the XenMobile server listens on.
4. For the instance name, use zdm.
5. During the XenMobile server setup, when prompted whether you are upgrading or not, select Yes.
6. Copy the following files from the server from which you are upgrading: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\webapps\"tenant name"\WEB-INF\classes
7. Copy the following files from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\conf\"tenant name"
8. Copy and modify: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\conf\server.xml
9. Remove all of the port connectors in use by the other tenant in server xml. You can leave port 80.
10. On the used port connector, remove the instance name from all file paths within the following range:
keystoreFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\conf\"tenant name"\https.p12
keystoreFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\conf\https.p1
11. Repeat step 10 for the file paths from:
truststoreFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\conf\"tenant name"\cacerts.pem.jks"
truststoreFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\XenMobile Device Manager for Multi-Tenant\tomcat\conf\cacerts.pem.jks"
12. Create a .zip file with the files you changed in steps 10 and 11.
13. Open https://10.215.199.42:1433/uw/?cloudMode, in which the IP address is followed by the port of the HTTPS connection with a certificate.
14. Open the Upgrade folder.
15. Install the 63110upgrade.bin file.
16. Select MDM and then click Next through the subsequent screens until prompted for the .zip file.
17. Make sure the database is correct, enter the password for the CA certificate and then click Next two times.
18. After the XenMobile server restarts, sign on to the XenMobile console by using the IP address of your XenMobile server followed by the management port number.
19. In the XenMobile console, install a new license.
20. Change the NAT to point to a new server.
21. Make necessary firewall changes to allow ports used by XenMobile server.