About Citrix Workspace app 2203.1 LTSR for Windows
This documentation describes the features and configuration of Citrix Workspace app 2203.1 LTSR for Windows. This version is the latest Long Term Service Release (LTSR) of Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
Note that this release is relevant only for LTSR customers.
The documentation for the Current Release (CR) of Citrix Workspace app for Windows is available at Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
For more information about the lifecycles of CRs and LTSRs, see Lifecycle Milestones for Citrix Workspace app.
- If you have enabled auto-update on your Citrix Workspace app and have opted for the LTSR program, Citrix Workspace app 1912 LTSR for Windows automatically updates to Citrix Workspace app 2203.1 LTSR for Windows.
- If you have enabled auto-update on your Citrix Workspace app and have opted for the CR program, Citrix Workspace app CR version automatically updates to Citrix Workspace app 2204.1 for Windows.
- On Citrix Workspace app 2203.1 LTSR, SaaS and Web apps must be launched using the native browser on the user device. SaaS and Web apps with enhanced security controls open via Secure Browser Service within the native browser.
- If you update from a previous CR release of Citrix Workspace app for Windows to Citrix Workspace app 2203.1 LTSR to Windows, the browser components (CEF and Chromium) get uninstalled. As a result, the Browser Content Redirection feature stops working, and Web and SaaS based apps are launched using the native browser instead of the Citrix Workspace Browser.
Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) is the most recent update to the 2203.1 LTSR. If you are new to the LTSR program, there is no need for you to install the 2203.1 LTSR initial release. Instead, we recommend that you begin right with 2203.1 LTSR CU1.
- Client Feature Matrix
- Lifecycle Milestones for Citrix Workspace app
- Additional Lifecycle Information for Citrix Receiver for Windows
Citrix product name and number changes
For information about product name and version number changes that were introduced in 2018, see New names and numbers.
|2203.1 LTSR baseline components||Version|
|XenApp and XenDesktop LTSR with CUs||7.6|
|XenApp and XenDesktop LTSR with CUs||7.15|
|Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 LTSR with CUs||1912 LTSR|
|Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 LTSR with CUs||2203.1 LTSR|
|Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 CR||2204.1 CR|
The following components are compatible with LTSR environments. They are not eligible for the LTSR benefits (extended lifecycle and fix-only cumulative updates).
|Compatible components and features|
|Citrix Content Collaboration Service Support|
|Citrix Endpoint Management Service|
|Citrix Microapps Service|
|Citrix DaaS (formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service)|
The following features, components, and platforms are not eligible for 2203.1 LTSR lifecycle milestones and benefits. Specifically, cumulative updates and extended lifecycle benefits are excluded. Updates to excluded features and components will be available through regular current releases.
|Excluded components and features|
|Browser Content Redirection|
|Citrix Workspace Browser|