This content has been machine translated dynamically.
Dieser Inhalt ist eine maschinelle Übersetzung, die dynamisch erstellt wurde. (Haftungsausschluss)
Cet article a été traduit automatiquement de manière dynamique. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo lo ha traducido una máquina de forma dinámica. (Aviso legal)
이 콘텐츠는 동적으로 기계 번역되었습니다. 책임 부인
Este texto foi traduzido automaticamente. (Aviso legal)
Questo contenuto è stato tradotto dinamicamente con traduzione automatica.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
This article has been machine translated.
Dieser Artikel wurde maschinell übersetzt. (Haftungsausschluss)
Ce article a été traduit automatiquement. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo ha sido traducido automáticamente. (Aviso legal)
이 기사는 기계 번역되었습니다.책임 부인
Este artigo foi traduzido automaticamente.(Aviso legal)
Questo articolo è stato tradotto automaticamente.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
New product names and version numbers
New product names and version numbers were introduced in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1808 (autumn of 2018).
If you’ve been a Citrix customer or partner for a while, you’ll notice new names in our products and in this product documentation. If you are new to this Citrix product, you might see different names for a product or component.
The new product and component names stem from the expanding Citrix portfolio and cloud strategy. Articles in the product documentation use the following names.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops offers a virtual app and desktop solution, provided as a cloud service and as an on-premises product, giving employees the freedom to work from anywhere on any device while cutting IT costs. Deliver Windows, Linux, web, and SaaS applications or full virtual desktops from any cloud: public, on premises or hybrid. Virtual Apps and Desktops was formerly XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Citrix Workspace app: The Citrix Workspace app incorporates existing Citrix Receiver technology as well as the other Citrix Workspace client technologies. It has been enhanced to deliver additional capabilities to provide end users with a unified, contextual experience where they can interact with all the work apps, files, and devices they need to do their best work. For more information, see this blog post.
- Citrix SD-WAN: NetScaler SD-WAN, a crucial technology for our customers and partners transforming their branch networks and WANs with cloud technology, is now Citrix SD-WAN.
- Citrix Secure Web Gateway: As the Citrix Networking portfolio expands, we’re proud to offer our robust Citrix Secure Web Gateway service, previously known as NetScaler Secure Web Gateway.
- Citrix Gateway: Our robust NetScaler Unified Gateway, which allows secure, contextual access to the apps and data you need to do your best work, is now Citrix Gateway.
- Citrix Content Collaboration and Citrix Files for Windows: The advanced access, collaboration, workflows, rights management, and integration features of ShareFile are now available in the Citrix Content Collaboration component set in our secure, contextual, integrated Citrix Workspace. Citrix Files for Windows allows you to access your Content Collaboration files directly through a mapped drive, providing a native Windows Explorer experience.
- Citrix Hypervisor: The technology from XenServer for virtualization infrastructure, based on the XenProject hypervisor, is now Citrix Hypervisor.
Here’s a quick recap:
|Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops||XenApp and XenDesktop|
|Citrix Workspace app||Incorporates Citrix Receiver and extensive enhancements|
|Citrix SD-WAN||NetScaler SD-WAN|
|Citrix Secure Web Gateway||NetScaler Secure Web Gateway|
|Citrix Gateway||NetScaler Unified Gateway|
|Citrix Content Collaboration||ShareFile|
|Citrix Files for Windows||ShareFile Desktop App, ShareFile Sync, ShareFile Drive Mapper|
|Citrix Provisioning||Citrix Provisioning Services|
Implementing this transition in our products and their documentation is an ongoing process.
- In-product content might still contain former names. For example, you might see instances of earlier names in console text, messages, and directory/file names.
- It is possible that some items (such as commands and MSIs) might continue to retain their former names to prevent breaking existing customer scripts.
- Related product documentation and other resources (such as videos and blog posts) that are linked from this product’s documentation might still contain former names.
- For Citrix Hypervisor: The new name is used on the Citrix website and in informational product materials. You will also see the new name in the administrator consoles of some Citrix products, such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
For more detail, see https://www.citrix.com/about/citrix-product-guide/.
Product and component version numbers are displayed in the format: 7 YYMM.c.m.b.
- 7 = Denotes an on-premises release.
- YYMM = Year and month when the product or component is planned for release. For example, a release planned for the first quarter of 2019 appears as 1903. The actual release date may vary.
- c = Citrix Cloud release number for the month. For on-premises releases, the initial value is 0.
- m = Maintenance version (if applicable).
- b = Build number. This field is shown only on the About page of the product, and in the OS’s feature for removing or changing programs.
For example, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912.0.0.build number denotes the on-premises version planned for release in December 2019. It is not a maintenance version. Some displays show only the version’s year and month: for example Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912.
In earlier releases of this product (XenApp and XenDesktop 7.18 and earlier), version numbers were displayed in the format: 7.version, where the version value incremented by one for each release. For example, the release following 7.17 was 7.18. Those earlier releases will not be updated with the new numbering format.
This Preview product documentation is Citrix Confidential.
You agree to hold this documentation confidential pursuant to the terms of your Citrix Beta/Tech Preview Agreement.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described in the Preview documentation remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation.
The documentation is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making Citrix product purchase decisions.
If you do not agree, select Do Not Agree to exit.