- HDX RealTime Media Engine for the Citrix Ready workspace hub (formerly known as HDX Ready Pi). Provides hardware accelerated real-time video processing for virtualized Skype for Business 2015 and Skype for Business 2016. The RealTime Media Engine uses the on-chip H.264 encoder to provide up to VGA video resolution. RealTime Media Engine for Citrix Ready workspace hub is available only from ViewSonic or NComputing.
- Support of Logitech H.264 encoding on conference calls that use simulcast video. This release takes advantage of the H.264 hardware encoding functionality of the Logitech C930e and C925e cameras on conference calls that use simulcast video. The hardware-encoding capability of these cameras is available when used with Windows and Linux devices (except the HDX Raspberry Pi, which uses onboard hardware encoding).
- Audio quality in fallback mode when CPU is busy. In fallback mode, generic HDX RealTime (the Optimized-for-Speech codec) handles Echo Cancellation. Therefore, the RealTime Optimization Pack Echo Cancellation feature is automatically disabled and this option is grayed out under Settings in the Optimization Pack notification area icon.
- Software version flexibility enabling easier upgrades. You can now use any combination of RealTime Connector versions 2.3 or later and this version of RealTime Media Engine in optimized mode (media processing redirected to the user device). In addition, you can update the RealTime Connector and RealTime Media Engine in any order. An end user can update the RealTime Media Engine on their device to version 2.4 before you update the RealTime Connector on the server.
- Microphone icon changes to reflect who is speaking. The microphone icon updates after receiving Comfort Noise packets or audio packets, providing a more accurate indication of who is speaking.
- Logging. Registry keys are available to disable or enable server-side and client-side logging. For more information, see Disable logging.
- Collect Logs captures current UCCAPI and UCCAPI .bak files. When you select the Collect Logs icon in the notification area, the RealTime Optimization Pack captures the current UCCAPI and the UCCAPI .bak log files.