Citrix Licensing Manager
The Citrix Licensing Manager operates automatically within the License Server for Windows. The Citrix Licensing Manager is available with the License Server VPX if you configure Active Directory and install the keytab file. For more information, see License Server VPX.
The Citrix Licensing Manager for Windows enables the License Server features using a simple web interface.
- Displays the License Server version in the top bar of the screen. If you select the down arrow, the host name, Ethernet address, and IPvr address appear.
- Important notifications of license availability, expiration, and other conditions. Use the bell icon at the top of the Citrix Licensing Manager screen to display notifications.
- Configure Customer Success Services renewal license actions. You can specify whether to check automatically or manually for renewal licenses and whether you want notification of renewal licenses or the licenses installed. For more information on configuring this feature, see Check for and install Customer Success Services renewal licenses with the Citrix Licensing Manager.
- Store and export historical usage reports from the License Server on which the tool is installed. You can specify a date range for the historical usage data and export it to a CSV file. The CSV file provides daily usage information including the number of licenses in overdraft. For information about exporting historical usage data, see Export historical usage data by using the Citrix Licensing Manager.
For more information about the following features, see Settings:
- Configure user and group accounts.
- Short code registration of the License Server to Citrix Cloud and easy removal of registration.
- Change these ports:
- License Server (default 27000)
- Vendor Daemon (default 7279)
- Web Services for Licensing (default 8083)
- Check for and install the Customer Success Services renewal.
- Enable and disable the supplemental grace period.
- Register your License Server with Citrix Cloud.
- Configure historical data retention by selecting a retention period. Default data retention is 180 days.
- Configure Citrix Customer Experience (CEIP) and Call Home at any time.
- Retry failed citrix.com and Customer Experience Improvement Program uploads.
- Force data uploads to Citrix.
For more information about the following features, see Install licenses:
- Simplified installation of license files on the License Server using a license access code or downloaded file.
- Display details of licenses after they are installed.
For more information about the following features, see Dashboard:
- Dashboard that displays installed, in-use, expired and available licenses, and Customer Success Services dates.
- Enhanced user/device license usage reporting.
For more information about the following feature, see Historical usage:
- Simplify data export by allowing you to select all products, all license models, and all Customer Success Services (Subscription Advantage) dates.