The Citrix Licensing Manager gives you the following options to obtain your licenses:
- Use license access code
- Use downloaded license file
In the Start menu, select All Programs > Citrix > Citrix Licensing Manager, or from a remote machine use the
https://licenseservername:8083 URL with your License Server name.
Use license access code
- Choose Use license access code, and enter the license access code provided by Citrix.
Click Display Licenses to see your license entitlements.
Select the licenses and the quantity to install.
- Select a product from the displayed list, type the number of licenses to install, and click Install. To select multiple products, click Install every time you select a product. The products are processed in order of selection.
- To display the newly downloaded licenses, click Dashboard.
Use downloaded license file
- Choose Use downloaded license file.
- Choose a file.
- Choose the check box to replace an older file with the same name.
The Citrix Licensing Manager displays information about the licenses.
After your license file is successfully uploaded to the License Server, a message displays. To display the newly downloaded licenses, click Dashboard.
Avoid issues while uploading a license file by removing special characters in the file name. Ensure that the file has a .lic extension (all lower case).
Allocating and downloading licenses
Consider the following points while using the Citrix Licensing Manager to allocate and download licenses:
- As a prerequisite, ensure that you have internet access or a configuration with a proxy server.
- Once you click Allocate > Download, you cannot cancel it. If this action fails, use My Account at citrix.com.
- The Citrix Licensing Manager doesn’t support redownloading or reallocating of license files. You can return licenses on citrix.com and use the Citrix Licensing Manager to allocate them again. For redownloading, use My Account.
- If you rename the License Server, you must reallocate any license files allocated under the old License Server name.