Troubleshoot the License Server
Troubleshoot cluster-enabled License Servers
If any of the licensing services fail to start, the cluster detects that licensing is offline and tries to restart the service three times (by default). When these attempts are unsuccessful, fail over to the next node begins. The cluster tries to start the services on the second node. When the attempts fail on the second server, the process might enter into an infinite loop. In this case, the computers running the Citrix products fall into the grace period. During the grace period, client connections are not affected.
When troubleshooting a cluster-enabled License Server, try the following:
- If you move the resources to the other node, do you still see the issue?
- If the installation fails, ensure that you don’t enable the User Account Control (UAC) when installing on a cluster.
- For Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2012 R2:
- In the Failover Cluster Management window, from the left pane, select the cluster. In the middle pane, the summary information for the cluster appears.
- Select the Cluster Core Resources title to expand the section.
- Verify that the cluster resources are all online (green arrow).
Evaluation license warning message
After you replace the evaluation license files on the License Server with new license files, the Citrix product might display the following license expiration message when users log on: “Warning: The following Citrix Product is using an Evaluation license. This license will expire in…”
To resolve this issue:
- Delete the old evaluation license files from the License Server. For more information, see Delete license files.
- At the License Server, restart the Citrix Licensing service.
- At the Citrix product server that needs license validation, point to a fictional License Server and then point the product back to the actual License Server. (See your product documentation for information about changing these settings.)
- If the problem persists, restart the product server (for example, Delivery Controller).