Troubleshoot cluster-enabled license servers
If any of the licensing services fail to start, the cluster detects that licensing is offline and attempts to restart the service three times (by default). If these attempts are unsuccessful, fail over to the next node is initiated and the cluster attempts to start the services on the second node. If the attempts fail on the second server, the process might enter into an infinite loop. In this case, the computers running Citrix products fall into the grace period. During the grace period, client connections are not affected.
When troubleshooting a cluster-enabled license server, try the following:
- If you move the resources to the other node, do you still see the issue?
- Did you check the Use Network Name for Computer Name check box in the Microsoft Cluster Server? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198893.
- If the installation fails, ensure that you don’t enable the User Account Control (UAC) when installing on a cluster.
- For Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016:
- In the Failover Cluster Management window, from the left pane, select the cluster. In the middle pane, the summary information for the cluster appears.
- Click the Cluster Core Resources title to expand the section.
- Verify that the cluster resources are all online (green arrow).
Evaluation license warning message
After you replace evaluation license files on the License Server with new license files, the Citrix product might continue to display the following license expiration message when users log on: “Warning: The following Citrix Product is using an Evaluation license. This license will expire in…”
To resolve this issue:
- Delete the old evaluation license files from the License Server. (See Delete license files in Citrix documentation.)
- At the License Server, restart the Citrix Licensing service.
- At the Citrix product server that needs license validation, point to a fictional License Server and then point the product back to the actual License Server. (See your product documentation for information about changing these settings.)
- If the problem persists, restart the product server (for example, Delivery Controller).