HAProxy (High Availability Proxy) is an open-source load-balancer that can load balance any TCP service. For more information about HAProxy, see http://www.haproxy.org/.
The NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS) supports HAProxy version 1.4.24 or later. When you add a host on which you have provisioned the HAProxy instances to NetScaler MAS, NetScaler MAS discovers the HAProxy instances on the host and enables you to monitor them. It shows you the following details of the HAProxy configuration on the instances:
- Frontend – Defines how requests should be forwarded to the backend.
- Backend – Defines the set of servers that receives the forwarded requests.
- Servers – The servers among which HAProxy load balances the traffic.
For more information, see http://www.haproxy.org/download/1.7/doc/configuration.txt.
Make sure that you have deployed an HAProxy instance on a host in your deployment. For more information, see http://www.haproxy.org/#docs.
To add an HAProxy instance to NetScaler MAS:
1. In a web browser, type the IP address of the NetScaler Management and Analytics System (for example, http://192.168.100.1).
2. In the User Name and Password fields, enter the administrator credentials. The default administrator credentials are nsroot and nsroot.
3. Navigate to Infrastructure > Instances. Under Instances, select HAProxy and click Add.
4. In the Add HAProxy Host dialog box, do the following:
a. In the IP Address field, enter the IP address of the host on which you have provisioned the HAProxy instances.
b. In the HAProxy Profile drop-down list, create and select the HAProxy profile. To create an HAProxy profile, click the + icon and do the following in the Add HAProxy Profile dialog box:
i. In the Profile Name field, enter the profile name.
ii. In the Username field, enter the username of the host.
iii. In the SSL private key field, enter the private key of the host.
iv. In the Passphrase field, enter the passphrase of the private key.
v. Click Create.
c. Click OK.
NetScaler MAS discovers the HAProxy instances provisioned on the host, and you can view all the HAProxy instances on the Instances tab.
In NetScaler MAS, you can view the configuration of an HAProxy instance. Navigate to Infrastructure > Instances > HAProxy and, on the, Instances tab, select the HAProxy instance and click View Configuration.