The 12.1 release of NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS) provides a plethora of new features and enhancements to existing features that helps optimize the management and monitoring of your network instances and applications.
To avail of the new features and enhancements, you must first upgrade your NetScaler MAS server to version 12.1.
This document includes:
Download the upgrade package from the NetScaler MAS Downloads page and follow the instructions in this section to upgrade your system to the latest 12.1 build. After the upgrade operation is started, NetScaler MAS restarts and the existing connections are terminated and reconnected when the upgrade is completed successfully. The existing configuration is preserved, but NetScaler MAS does not process any data until the upgrade is successfully completed.
Points to note before upgrading to 12.1
- With 12.1, the high availability deployment has the ability to configure a floating IP address on the primary node and eliminate the need for a separate NetScaler load balancer. Because of this improvement, the high availability deployment must be on the same subnet. If your current deployment is on different subnets, you must review the Upgrade document to learn about the upgrade process.
- With 12.1, the advanced backup support has been removed. The advanced backup feature is no longer available after you upgrade to NetScaler MAS 12.1. Review the Upgrade document for more details.
- Back up the NetScaler MAS server before you upgrade.
- After the upgrade, you might have to reestablish connections between the NetScaler MAS server and the managed instances. A confirmation prompt warns you that connections can fail if you proceed.
- For NetScaler MAS servers in high availability setup, when upgrading, do not make any configuration changes on either of the nodes.
- It is also important to understand the licensing framework and types of licenses before you start to upgrade. For NetScaler MAS licensing information, see Licensing.
For more information, see Upgrade.
This release optimizes the NetScaler MAS support for multi-site NetScaler deployments and includes improvements to NetScaler MAS high availability and disaster recovery for NetScaler MAS high availability deployments. Before upgrading to the release, see Upgrade.
This release further strengthens the application-centric approach to help you address various application delivery challenges with multiple enhancements to Application performance analytics and Application Security analytics. Also, the release includes new StyleBooks for enterprise applications such as, Oracle E-business suite, Google applications, and ADFS.
This release also inculdes vCPU based licensing for NetScaler VPX appliance and NetScaler CPX.
Additionally, it includes improvements to Instance dashboard and also enables you to customize the Network Reports.
For a comprehensive list of new features and enhancements, see Release Notes.