You can configure NetScaler pooled capacity on the NetScaler instances configured as a cluster. Following are the prerequisites for configuring pooled capacity on NetScaler instances in cluster mode:
- Instances should be individually running in a pooled-capacity license mode to form the cluster.
- All the instances should be running with same bandwidth.
- All the instances should check out the pooled capacity from the same NetScaler MAS.
- New instances cannot be added to an existing NetScaler cluster unless their capacity and NetScaler MAS configurations are same as those of the existing instances in the cluster.
Any capacity check-out from the NetScaler cluster will assign same capacity to all the cluster nodes and the checkout Bandwidth = Bandwidth provided * number of nodes.
For example, if you check-out 50 Mbps of bandwidth from the NetScaler cluster, and the cluster includes 12 instances, each instance automatically receives 50 Mbps; and 600 mbps is checked out from the pool.
To allocate NetScaler Pooled capacity on NetScaler instances in cluster mode
1. In a web browser, type the IP address of the Cluster IP (CLIP) address (for example, http://192.168.100.1).
2. In the User Name and Password fields, enter the administrator credentials.
3. On the Configuration tab, navigate to System > Licenses > Manage Licenses, click Add New License, and select Use Pooled Licensing.
4. Enter the name or address of the license server in the Server Name/IP Address field.
5. If you want to manage your instance’s pool licenses through the NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS), select the Register with NetScaler MAS for manageability check box and enter the NetScaler Management and Analytics System credentials.
6. Select the license edition and the required bandwidth, and click Get Licenses.
7. You can change or release the license allocation by selecting Change allocation or Release allocation.
8. If you click Change allocation, a pop-up window shows the licenses available on the license server.
9. You can allocate bandwidth or instances to the NetScaler instance from the Allocate drop-down list. Then click Get Licenses.
10. You can choose the license edition and the bandwidth required from the drop-down lists in the pop-up window.