- Release Notes
- How-to Articles
- About NetScaler MAS
- NetScaler MAS Licensing
- Getting Started with NetScaler MAS
- System Requirements
Deploying NetScaler MAS
- NetScaler MAS with Citrix XenServer
- NetScaler MAS with Microsoft Hyper-V
- NetScaler MAS with VMware ESXi
- NetScaler MAS with Linux KVM server
- Deploy NetScaler MAS in high availability mode
- Migrate a single-server deployment to a high availability deployment
- Migrate from NetScaler Insight Center to NetScaler MAS
- Migrate Command Center configurations to NetScaler MAS
- Integrate NetScaler MAS with Citrix XenDesktop Director
- Attach an additional disk to NetScaler MAS
- Setting up NetScaler MAS
- Upgrading NetScaler MAS
- Managing NetScaler SD-WAN instances
Managing and Monitoring HAProxy instances
- Adding HAProxy instances to NetScaler MAS
- HAProxy Applications in Application Dashboard
- Third-party licensing
- Role Based Access Control in NetScaler MAS for HAProxy Instances
- How to Use the NetScaler MAS Dashboard to Monitor an HAProxy Instance
- How to Display the Details of the Frontends Configured on HAProxy Instances
- How to Display the Details of the Backends Configured on HAProxy Instances
- How to Display the Details of the Servers Configured on HAProxy Instances
- How to Use the Application Dashboard to View the HAProxy Instances That Have the Highest Number of Frontends or Servers
- How to Restart an HAProxy Instance From NetScaler MAS
- How to Back Up and Restore an HAProxy Instance by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Edit the HAProxy Configuration File by Using NetScaler MAS
Application Analytics and Management
- Application Performance Analytics
- Application Security Analytics
- How to create an application definition in NetScaler MAS
- How to Enable or Disable Entities in NetScaler MAS
- How to Disable Entities in NetScaler MAS
- How to View the Effective State of a Virtual Server on NetScaler MAS
- How to Search for Entities in NetScaler MAS
- StyleBook groups
- Use default StyleBooks
- How to Create Your Own StyleBooks
- How to Use User-Defined StyleBooks in NetScaler MAS
- Use API to create configurations from StyleBooks
- Retrieve private StyleBooks
- Enable analytics and configure alarms on a virtual server defined in a StyleBook
- Create a StyleBook to upload files
- Create a StyleBook to upload SSL certificate and certificate key files
- SSO Google Apps StyleBook
- Microsoft Skype for Business StyleBook
- Microsoft Exchange StyleBook
- Microsoft SharePoint StyleBook
- How to use the SSO Office 365 StyleBook
- Import StyleBooks
- Parameters-Default-Sources Construct
- Helper Components
- Optional Properties
- Properties-Default-Sources Construct
- Nested Components
- Condition Construct
- Repeat Construct
- Repeat-Condition Construct
- Nested Repeats
- Parameter Reference
- Parent Reference
- Components Reference
- Substitutions Reference
- Variable Reference
- In-place Interpolations
- Built-in Functions
- Dependency Detection
- How to Monitor Globally Distributed Sites
- How to Manage Admin Partitions of NetScaler Instances
- How to Add Instances to NetScaler MAS
- How to Back Up and Restore NetScaler Instances Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Configure Sites for Geomaps in NetScaler MAS
- How to Force a Failover to the Secondary NetScaler Instance by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Force a Secondary NetScaler Instance to Stay Secondary by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Create Instance Groups on NetScaler MAS
- How to Rediscover Multiple NetScaler VPX Instances
- How to Poll NetScaler Instances and Entities in NetScaler MAS
- How to Unmanage an Instance on NetScaler MAS
- How to Trace the Route to an Instance from NetScaler MAS
- How to Set Event Age for Events on NetScaler MAS
- How to Schedule an Event Filter by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Set Repeated Email Notifications for Events from NetScaler MAS
- How to Suppress Events by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Use the Events Dashboard to Monitor Events
- Creating Event Rules
- How to Modify the Reported Severity of Events that Occur on NetScaler Instances
- How to View Events Summary in NetScaler MAS
- How to Display Event Severities and SNMP Traps Details on NetScaler MAS
- Using NetScaler MAS to Export Syslog Messages
- How to Suppress Syslog Messages in NetScaler MAS
- How to Configure Prune Settings for Instance Events
NetScaler Certificate Management
- How to Set Up Notifications for SSL Certificate Expiry from NetScaler MAS
- How to Install SSL Certificates on a NetScaler Instance
- How to Update an Installed Certificate from NetScaler MAS
- How to Link and Unlink SSL Certificates by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using NetScaler MAS
- How to Configure an Enterprise Policy on NetScaler MAS
- How to Use the SSL Dashboard on NetScaler MAS
- How to Poll SSL Certificates from NetScaler Instances
- How to Create a Configuration Job on NetScaler MAS
- How to Use Record-and-Play to Create Configuration Jobs
- How to Use Configuration Jobs to Replicate Configuration from One Instance to Multiple Instances
- How to Use Variables in Configuration Jobs on NetScaler MAS
- How to Create Configuration Jobs from Corrective Commands on NetScaler MAS
- How to Use Configuration Templates to Create Audit Templates on NetScaler MAS
- How to Create Configuration Jobs for SD-WAN WO Instances in NetScaler MAS
- How to Use the Master Configuration Template on NetScaler MAS
- How to Replicate Running and Saved Configuration Commands from One NetScaler Instance to Another on NetScaler MAS
- How to Upgrade NetScaler SDX Instances by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Schedule Jobs Created by Using Built-in Templates in NetScaler MAS
- How to Reschedule Jobs That Were Configured by Using Built-in Templates in NetScaler MAS
- How to Reuse Executed Configuration Jobs
- How to Upgrade NetScaler Instances
- How to Use SCP (put) Command in Configuration Jobs
- How to Reuse Configuration Audit Templates in Configuration Jobs
- Creating Maintenance Tasks
- How to Import and Export Configuration Templates
- Configuration Audit
- Network Functions
- Network Reporting
- License requirements
- Understanding Logstream
- Web Insight
- HDX Insight
- Gateway Insight
- Security Insight
- SSL Insight
- TCP Insight
- WAN Insight
- Viewing the Type of Videos Streamed and the Data Volume Consumed from your Network
- Viewing the Peak Data Rate for a Particular Time Frame
- Comparing the Optimized and Un-Optimized Number of Plays of ABR Videos
- Compare the Optimized and Unoptimized Play Time of ABR Videos
- Comparing Bandwidth Consumption of Optimized and Un-Optimized ABR Videos
- Comparing the Data Volume Used by Optimized and Unoptimized ABR Videos
- Viewing the Network Efficiency
- Secure Web Gateway Analytics
Integrating NetScaler MAS with OpenStack Platform
- Pre-configuration tasks in NetScaler MAS and OpenStack
- Configure LBaaS V1 using Horizon
- Configure LBaaS V2 using command line
- Configure layer 7 content switching
- Manual provisioning of NetScaler VPX instance on OpenStack
- Shared VLAN support for admin partitions
- Trial licensing workflow
- Integrate with OpenStack Heat services
- Service package isolation policies
- Flexible policy-based device allotment
- Integrating NetScaler MAS with NSX Manager by Manual Provisioning
- Integrating NetScaler MAS with NSX Manager by Auto-provisioning
- NetScaler automation using NetScaler MAS in Cisco ACI hybrid mode
- NetScaler device package in Cisco ACI's cloud orchestrator mode
- Use NetScaler MAS as an Ingress Controller for the Kubernetes Environment
Authentication and Access Control
- Role-based Access Control in NetScaler MAS
- Configuring Authentication in NetScaler MAS
- Multi-Tenancy - Provide Exclusive Management Environment to Your Tenants
Managing NetScaler MAS System Settings
- Configure system backup settings
- Configure a NTP Server
- Upgrade NetScaler MAS
- Configure syslog purging interval
- Configure system prune settings
- Enable shell access for non-default users
- Recover inaccessible NetScaler MAS servers
- Assign a host name to a NetScaler MAS server
- Back up and restore your NetScaler MAS server in a single-server deployment
- View auditing information
- Configure SSL settings
- Monitor CPU, memory, and disk usage
- Configure system notification settings
- Generate a tech support file
- Diagnose and troubleshoot NetScaler instances
- Back Up and restore a NetScaler MAS configuration in an HA pair
- Configure a cipher group
- Create SNMP traps, managers, and users
- Configure and view system alarms
- NetScaler MAS as an API Proxy Server
NetScaler Pooled Capacity
- Configure NetScaler pooled capacity
- Upgrade a perpetual license in NetScaler VPX to NetScaler pooled capacity
- Upgrading a Perpetual License in NetScaler MPX to NetScaler Pooled Capacity
- Upgrade a perpetual license in NetScaler SDX to NetScaler pooled capacity
- NetScaler pooled capacity on NetScaler instances in cluster mode
- Health monitoring
- Expected behaviors when issues arise
- Configure expiry checks for pooled capacity licenses
- NetScaler VPX Check-In and Check-Out licensing
NetScaler MAS Licensing
NetScaler Management and Analytics System (NetScaler MAS) requires a verified NetScaler MAS license to manage and monitor the Citrix NetScaler instances.
You can manage and monitor any number of instances and entities without a license. However, you can only manage 30 discovered applications on the App Dashboard and view analytics data for only 30 virtual servers without applying a license. To manage more than 30 discovered applications or to view analytics for more than 30 virtual servers, you must purchase and apply licenses.
|NetScaler MAS Feature||[FREE] NetScaler MAS License is not required irrespective of the virtual server count||NetScaler MAS License is Required for > 30 virtual servers||NetScaler License Requirement|
|Analytics||Web Insight||No||Yes||Not Applicable|
|HDX Insight*||No||Yes||Enterprise (reporting < 1 hour) Platinum (reporting = Unlimited)|
|Security Insight||No||Yes||Platinum (or) Enterprise with App Firewall license|
|SSL Insight||No||Yes||Not Applicable|
|Gateway Insight||No||Yes||Enterprise (reporting < 1 hour)Platinum (reporting = Unlimited)|
|TCP Insight||No||Yes||Not Applicable|
|Video Insight||No||Yes||Premium (NetScaler-T 1000 series, VPX-T)|
|WAN Insight||No||Not Applicable||NetScaler SD-WAN instance should be Optimization Edition (WANOP)|
|Application Statistics (App Dashboard, App Security Dashboard)||No||Yes||NetScaler Web App Firewall related information on App dashboard and app security dashboard needs Platinum (or) Enterprise with App Firewall license.|
|License Server||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Inventory Management –,Infrastructure Dashboard, Instance groups, Instance Dashboard & Sites||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Event Management & Syslog||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Configuration Jobs, Configuration Audit & Configuration Advice||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Network Reporting (instance level)||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Network Reporting (virtual server level)||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Network Functions (visibility & management of virtual servers, services, service groups, server)||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|SSL Certificate Management, Monitoring, and Dashboard (instance level)||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|SSL Certificate Dashboard (virtual server level)||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|RBAC & External Authentication (instance level)||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|RBAC & External Authentication||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|OpenStack Integration||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|VMware NSX Integration||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Cisco APIC Integration||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Container Integration||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|Third Party Load Balancers|
|HAProxy: Visibility across host/ instance/ backend/ servers/ frontend, Download or upload configuration, and Restarting appliance.||Yes||No||Not Applicable|
|App Dashboard||No||Yes(requires a seperate license)||Not Applicable|
*For Citrix Director integration with NetScaler MAS support – Citrix Director should have platinum license.
Licenses for additional virtual servers are available in virtual server packs of 10. You can obtain a valid license and add the licenses on the NetScaler MAS servers through the NetScaler MAS GUI.
Licenses are locked to the instances, which means that you have to use a specific appliance’s IP address (active node’s) for license-related operations on a high availability pair. When licensing, apply licenses on active node, that will be in charge of licensing, and apply all future licenses on that instance. Note that you can delete licenses only from the node on which you have installed the licenses.
When fail-over occurs, the new active node will maintain the licensing for a grace period of 30 days.
The Orchestration module is independent of licensing and is always available.
You can upgrade the licensing on NetScaler MAS to monitor and manage more virtual servers hosted on the NetScaler appliances.
To upgrade your appliance licenses:
In a web browser, type the IP address of NetScaler MAS (for example, http://192.168.100.1).
In User Name and Password, enter the administrator credentials.
Navigate to Networks > Licenses > Settings.
In the details pane, go to License Files, and select one of the following options:
Upload license files from a local computer - If a license is already present on your local computer, click Browse and select the license file (.lic) that you want to use to allocate your licenses. Click Finish.
Use License Activation Code - Citrix emails the LAC for the license that you purchased. Enter the LAC in the text box and then click Get Licenses.
If you select this option, the NetScaler Management and Analytics System must be connected to the Internet, or a proxy server must be available.
You can add more licenses from the License Settings page at any time.
You can verify the licenses installed on your NetScaler MAS by navigating to Networks> Licenses > System Licenses.
You can select the virtual servers to manage and monitor through MAS. If the total number of virtual servers hosted by the discovered NetScaler Instances is lower than the number of installed Virtual server licenses, NetScaler MAS licenses all the virtual servers.
You can select the virtual servers you want to manage and monitor through NetScaler MAS.
Points to Note
By default, NetScaler MAS automatically licenses the virtual servers randomly after each virtual server poll cycle.
If the total number of virtual servers discovered in your NetScaler MAS is lower than the number of installed virtual server licenses, NetScaler MAS, by default, licenses all the virtual servers.
To select the virtual servers manually, or to restrict licensing to limited virtual servers, you have to first disable auto licensing the virtual servers, and then select the virtual servers you want to manage.
NetScaler MAS do not license the non-addressable virtual servers. To manage them, you need to manually license them.
To Manage the licensed virtual servers:
Log on to NetScaler MAS using a supported web browser.
Navigate to Networks > Licenses > System Licenses.
The dashboard displays the virtual server licenses available, the managed virtual servers along with the virtual server type.
In the License Settings section, disable Auto-select Virtual servers.
Click Select Virtual Servers.
In the Choose Virtual Servers screen, select the type of virtual servers by clicking the relevant tab.
Select the virtual servers to be licensed from the available list.
Click Next to move to the other virtual servers’ tab, or click Save and Exit to license the selected virtual servers.
You can now view the status of and set alerts for virtual server license expiry in NetScaler MAS.
To view the status of the licenses:
Navigate to Networks > Licenses > System Licenses.
In the License Expiry Information section, you can find the details of the licenses that are going to expire:
- Feature: Type of license that is going to expire.
- Count: Number of virtual servers or instances that will be affected.
- Days to expiry: Number of days remaining before expiry.
To configure the notification settings of licenses:
Navigate to Networks> Licenses > Settings.
In the Notification Settings section, click the pencil icon and edit the parameters.
Email profile: Email profile or distribution list for sending notifications when licenses reach threshold, or going to expire.
SMS Profile: SMS profile or distribution list for sending notifications when licenses reach threshold, or going to expire.
Alert Threshold: Set percentage of pooled licenses to notify administrators by Email or SMS.
License Expiry Threshold: Number of days before the number of licenses determined by Alert Threshold expire.