Before you begin configuring the appliance, make sure that the following prerequisites have been met:
- You should have physical access to the appliance.
- You have chosen four IP addresses for management of the SD-WAN appliance.
- In the Worksheet, record all IP addresses and other values you would use to configure the appliance. Preferably, print out the worksheet before you start the configuration process.
- You should already have a SD-WAN license key from Citrix, sent in an email. If you are using remote licensing, you need the IP address of the licensing server.
- WAN Send and Receive Speeds.
The default static IP address is 192.168.100.1. The static IP address has DHCP enabled (by default) for Management access.
When you enable the SD-WAN service, or install SD-WAN license using the default static IP (192.168.100.1), this IP is disabled, and you can obtain DHCP address within the network.
Always assign a Static IP address or be aware of the DHCP address that is assigned to the appliance. To view the DHCP IP address, you can login to SD-WAN CLI (using admin/password) that displays the management IP or go to Configuration > Appliance Settings > Network Adapters > Ethernet.
- Ensure that you have permanent DHCP address assigned to SD-WAN appliances.
- The DHCP address should be associated to the management NIC address.
- Connect the management NIC address to the DHCP enabled LAN or reboot the appliance when ready.
To deploy a Citrix SD-WAN appliance, you must complete the following prerequisite setup before configuring the appliance.
This document covers release of the SD-WAN software. See the release notes for the recommended versions of the NetScaler software corresponding to the desired release of the SD-WAN software. Never use any versions other than those recommended for SD-WAN appliances.
The number of accelerator appliances depend on the hardware platform and the type of license you apply to the appliance. The following list displays the number of accelerators that gets provisioned automatically by the Configuration Wizard:
- Model 310: Two
- Model 500: Three
- Models 1000 and 1500: Six
- Model 2000: Eight
Before you start provisioning the appliance, Citrix recommends that you have the license file with you, as it is required early in the configuration process To download a license file, complete the procedure described in the My Account All Licensing Tools - User Guide.
Install the hardware
After you receive the hardware appliance from Citrix, you need to install it in the network.