- Manually Configuring a Static Management IP Address for the VPX
- Displaying the DHCP-assigned Management IP Address for the VPX
This section provides instructions for displaying and recording the DHCP-assigned Management IP Address for the new SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance VM.
By default, all SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliances use DHCP. If you are not using DHCP, or have assigned a static IP Address for the Virtual Appliance, you can skip this step. If you are using DHCP, the DHCP server must be present and available in the SD-WAN before you can complete this step.
To display the DHCP-assigned Management IP Address for the Virtual Appliance, do the following:
1. Continuing in the vSphere client Inventory page, select the new SD-WAN VPX-SE VM in the Inventory tree (left pane).
This displays the Inventory page for the SD-WAN VPX-SE VM.
2. If you have not already done so, power on the new Virtual Machine.
In the Basic Tasks section, click the Play icon (green arrow) to power on the new SD-WAN VPX-SE VM.
3. Select the Console tab in the Inventory page tab bar.
The Console tab is located in Inventory page tab bar at the top of the main page area. Selecting this tab displays and enables access to the CLI console for the VM.
4. Click anywhere inside the console area to enter console mode.
This turns control of your mouse cursor over to the VM console, and enables console mode.
To release console control of your cursor, press the Ctrl and Alt keys simultaneously.
5. Press Enter to display the console login prompt.
Press Enter once or twice to display the console login prompt.
6. Log into the VM console.
The default login credentials for the new SD-WAN VPX-SE VM are as follows:
This displays the console Welcome message, which includes the Host IP Address.
7. Record the Management IP Address for the SD-WAN VPX-SE VM.
The DHCP server must be present and available in the SD-WAN, or this step cannot be completed.
After logging into the console, the Welcome message displays the Last login information and the Host IP Address. This IP Address is the Management IP Address for this new SD-WAN VPX-SE VM.
This completes the deployment of the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Machine. The final step is to connect to the new SD-WAN VPX-SE and test the deployment. Instructions are provided in the next section.