Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN 5100 SE is a 2U appliance. Each model has two 10-core processors for a total of 20 physical cores (40 cores with hyper-threading), and 128 gigabytes (GB) of memory. For latest performance and bandwidth capacity details, please see also the latest data sheet that gets updated more regularly at: https://www.citrix.com/products/netscaler-sd-wan/netscaler-data-sheet.html.
The Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN 5100 SE appliance front panel has the following ports:
- 10/100Base-T copper Ethernet Port (RJ45), also called LOM port. You can use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the appliance's software. The LEDs on the lights out management port are not operational by design.
- RS232 serial console port.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet management ports (RJ45). These ports are used to connect directly to the appliance for system administration functions.
- Eight 10G ports.
The following components are visible on the back panel of the Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN 5100 SE appliance:
- 2 X 1 TB removable hard disk drive.
- USB port (reserved for a future release).
- Power switch, which turns off power to the appliance, just as if you were to unplug the power supply. Press the switch for five seconds to clear the power.
- Disable alarm button. This button is functional only when the appliance has two power supplies. Press this button to stop the power alarm from sounding when you have plugged the appliance into only one power outlet or when one power supply is malfunctioning and you want to continue operating the appliance until it is repaired.
- Dual power supplies (either AC or DC), each rated at 850 watts, 100–240 volts.
Insert Solid State Drive (SSD)
1. Insert the required SSD in the standard edition appliance. For instructions about how to insert SSD, see Solid State Drive (Field Replaceable Unit).
- 5100 SE appliance requires 800 GB more SSD. Insert the SSD into the third bay.
2. Restart the appliance through the SD-WAN web management interface.
3. Ensure that the software release version installed on the appliance is SD-WAN release version 9.3.3.
Appliances shipped with software release version 9.3.3
For appliances shipped with 9.3.3 or new manufacture image. Follow the steps provided here; upgrade new appliance.
- Install the Enterprise Edition platform license. For license information, see the Citrix SD-WAN product downloads site.
- Upgrade the network using single step upgrade to software release version 10.0 or later.
Configure Management IP Address Using Serial Console
- Access serial console of the appliance.
- Log in using the root/nsroot credentials.
- Type the ssh email@example.com -l administrator command.
- Type password: password.
- Type the management_ip command.
- Type the set interface 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0 192.168.100.254 command.
- Type the apply command.