The SD-WAN 400, 800, 1000, 2000 and 3000 appliances are 1U accelerators for use in datacenters and larger branch offices.
The SD-WAN 2000 can be thought of as a faster Repeater 8500 appliance with two accelerated bridges, while the SD-WAN WANOP 3000 can be thought of as a faster Repeater 8800 with three accelerated bridges. The configuration process, however, is not the same. Like the high-end Repeater SDX appliance, SD-WAN 2000 and WANOP 3000 appliances use virtual machines for acceleration and management, running under a XenServer hypervisor.
The SD-WAN 400, 800, 1000, 2000, and 3000 Series have the following general characteristics:
- SD-WAN 400 Series. An small, affordable 1U appliance suitable for smaller branch offices, the 400 Series has two accelerated bridges and supports WAN speeds of up to 6 Mbps.
- SD-WAN 800 Series. A small 1U appliance suitable for medium-sized branch offices, the 800 Series has two accelerated bridges and supports WAN speed of up to 10 Mbps.
- SD-WAN 2000 Series. A full-sized 1U appliance suitable for large branch offices and smaller datacenters, the 2000 Series has two accelerated bridges and supports WAN speed of 10-50Mbps.
- Sd-WAN 3000 Series. A full-sized 1U appliance suitable for the largest branch offices and medium-sized datacenters, the 3000 Series has three accelerated bridges and supports WAN speed of 50-155 Mbps.
The Citrix Compliance Regulatory Models are as follows:
- SD-WAN 400 WANOP: CB 504-2
- SD-WAN 800 WANOP: CB 504-2
- SD-WAN 1000 WANOP: CB 504-2
- SD-WAN 2000 WANOP: NS 6xCu
- SD-WAN 3000 WANOP: NS 6xCu 6xSFP
All SD-WAN platforms have similar components and hardware platforms offer a wide range of features, communication ports, and processing capacities. All platforms support the SD-WAN software and have multicore processors. These appliances have similar architectures, run the same release binaries and are fully supported with release 9.2.