The factory reset option is applicable only to the SD-WAN 410-Standard Edition applaince.
To perform factory reset on 410-SE:
1. Once the power LED is flashing, power OFF the appliance with using the power button to the right of the NMI reset button as shown in the image above. Hold the power button for few seconds (10-20 seconds) until the green LED and other LED lights are turned off.
Press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn off the appliance.
2. Press the NMI reset button once and then power ON the appliance using the power button.
The green LED starts blinking on and off for the next 20-25 minutes until the eUSB recovery process is finished.
3. Wait for few minutes, apporximately 5 minutes initially as no activity will happen on the CLI. Non-activity in CLI does not mean nothing is happening. The system is initializing the process.
- Pressing the reset button even number of times cancels the reset action and results in normal appliance reboot.
- Pressing the reset button odd number of times performs a factory reset.
- Power LED flash indicates that the appliance is being reset.
4. After 5 mins the appliance restarts and the CLI is displayed. There will be couple of reboots (apporximately, 4-5) for extracting the software image from the eUSB (sdb) and copying, programming, and re-flashing to the SATADOM (sda).
>searching /misc/rescue.img on /dev/sda /dev/sda1 Waiting for 2 seconds and retry ...
Searching /misc/rescue.img on /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1
Found /misc/rescue.img on /dev/sdb1. Extracting ... Found /dev/sdb1.
>task=mfg TARGET_DRIVE= eth= IP_MODE= ip= mask= gw=
Running Manufacturing script: /usr/local/bin/mfg.sh ...
>Copying files. Please be patient ...Updated extlinux config and installed extlinux on /tmp/tmp.hTg61R2uPh/primary/boot
Updated extlinux config and installed extlinux on /tmp/tmp.hTg61R2uPh/secondary/boot
Success Rebooting for baremetal OS installation ...
Rebooting in 5 seconds ...: 1 seconds ...
Will now restart
[ 145.238780] reboot: Restarting system
The appliance restarts 4 to 5 times as it extracts, copies, and initializes the boot process.
5. At the login prompt, you can start configuring the appliance using CLI or the web management interface.