- Upgrade to 9.3 With Working Virtual WAN Configuration
- Upgrade to 9.3 Without Virtual WAN Configuration
- Convert SD-WAN 1000 / 2000 WANOP Appliances to Enterprise Edition With USB
- Converting Existing Appliance to Enterprise Edition Appliance
Upgrading to 9.3 release is a multi-step process. Virtual WAN software is upgraded centrally from the MCN appliance using tar.gz files. Refer to the upgrade instructions in the following sections.
This upgrade procedure to software release 9.3 assumes that virtual paths are not established between the MCN and Branches.
On the MCN:
1. Prepare Configuration from Configuration Editor and Save configuration with valid name as shown below.
2. Export Save Config file to Change Management by selecting Export button and choose destination as Change Management Inbox.
3. After clicking Export, click the Change Management hyperlink that you see to navigate to the Change Management page.
4. In the Change Management page, upload tar.gz software package after downloading from download server and provide the location from where to upload by selecting ‘Choose Files’.
5. After selecting the file(s) to upload, click upload and a progress bar appears showing the current upload progress.
7. After upload processing is successful , information about for which platform models the software has been uploaded and processed is displayed.
8. Click Next to proceed with Validation of Configuration file and appropriate message is shown based on the validation results and accept and proceed as displayed.
9. After accepting validation result, the License agreement page for user acceptance is displayed. Click on accept and proceed.
10. After accepting the license successfully you are navigated to Appliance Staging, click on Stage Appliances to proceed.
11. The transfer progress bar appears showing the current preparation and transfer status for each site.
12. After preparing of package is completed, the Transfer Progress bar shows as 100% , click Next and proceed.
13. In the Activation page, staged software package can be activated.
14. On clicking Activate Staged, user acceptance pop-up message is displayed. Accept and proceed as shown below.
15. After accepting the message, click OK. The package gets copied to Appliance Staging state.
16. As this is the first time Appliance is being staged, you will be redirected to the Local Change Management page for activating the local appliance.
17. After clicking on Activate Staged in Local Change Management once again, user confirmation is requested to proceed further.
18. After accepting, activation starts with a countdown timer of 180s.
19. After the countdown timer expiration. a message indicating activation has completed is displayed.
20. Navigate to Change Management page to download the local change management for respective branches that we need to bootstrap to the network with only VW software upgrade only, or else move to the next step as shown below.
21. Perform Change Management once again, but this time the upload file would be of single step upgrade package with ns-sdw-sw-9.3.x.zip as shown below.
22. After upload is completed, the file is processed for any issues.
23. After the uploaded file is processed based on the configuration software for applicable models are uploaded to inbox as shown below.
24. Click Stage Appliances to proceed with further steps as shown below.
25. License agreement page is prompted when the user acceptance page is displayed.
26. After accepting and clicking OK, user is redirected to Appliance staging page which shows the status for Preparing and Staging the packages for the concerned branches.
27. After transfer is completed, user clicks Next and is redirected to Activation page for further actions.
28. After completion of activation action in Change Management, the user is redirected to Local Change Management page as the upgrade is being done for the very first time on the MCN and no branches are yet bootstrapped to the network.
29. On completion of Local Change Management activation, user can go to Change Management page and download local change management package for corresponding branches from active hyperlink under ‘Download Package’ column.
30. Login to the corresponding branch which needs to be bootstrapped into the network and navigate to Local Change Management page and upload the local change management package that was downloaded from MCN for this branch.
31. After file to path is chosen to be uploaded click upload and a upload status progress bar appears showing the status of upload as seen below.
32. After upload is completed, you will receive a message saying ‘Upload Complete’. Now click Next.
33. You are redirected to the activation page where you can choose to activate staged software or cancel as shown below.
34. Clicking ‘Activate Staged’, the user confirmation is asked to proceed.
35. After accepting the message, an activation countdown is started with 180s as shown below.
36. On completion of countdown a message is displayed, as stating Activation Complete. The appliance change process has completed, and you can click Done.
37. You can enable SD-WAN service and see that virtual paths are up between the branch and MCN.