Discovering NetScaler appliances
You can discover the appliances present in the same subnet as the current node. The required discovered appliances can then be selectively added to the cluster. This operation can be performed to either create a new cluster or to add nodes to an existing cluster.
- The discover operation can be performed only through the configuration utility.
- This operation cannot discover NetScaler appliances from different networks.
- When performing this operation to add nodes to an existing cluster, the L3 VLAN configurations will be cleared from the node. You must make sure to define these configurations once the appliance is added to the cluster.
To discover appliances by using the configuration utility
- Log on to the cluster IP address.
- Navigate to System > Cluster > Nodes.
- In the details pane, at the bottom of the page, click Discover NetScalers.
- In the Discover NetScalers dialog box, set the following parameters:
- IP address range - Specify the range of IP addresses within which you want to discover appliances. For example, you can search for all NSIP addresses between 10.102.29.4 to 10.102.29.15 by specifying this option as 10.102.29.4 - 15.
- Backplane interface - Specify the interfaces to be used as the backplane interface. This is an optional parameter. If you do not specify this parameter, you must update it after the node is added to the cluster.
- Click OK.
- Select the appliances that you want to add to the cluster.
- Click OK.