Install the Console component
The Citrix Provisioning console can be installed on any machine that can communicate with the Citrix Provisioning database.
The console installation includes the Boot Device Management utility.
If you are upgrading from the current product version, the console software is removed when the Citrix Provisioning server software is removed. Upgrading from earlier versions does not remove the console software automatically.
- Run the appropriate platform-specific install option; PVS_Console.exe or PVS_Console_x64.exe.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen. The Product License Agreement appears.
- Accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next to continue. The Customer Information dialog appears.
- Type or select your user name and organization name in the appropriate text boxes.
- Enable the appropriate application user radio button, then click Next. The Destination Folder dialog appears.
- Click Change. Enter the folder name or navigate to the folder where the software is installed, or click Next to install the console to the default folder. The Setup Type dialog appears.
- Select the appropriate radio button:
- Complete - Installs all components and options on this computer (default).
- Custom - Choose which components to install and where to install those components.
- Click Next.
- If you select Complete, the Ready to Install the Program dialog appears. If you selected Custom, the Custom Setup dialog appears. This dialog provides a Feature Description text box that provides a description for the selected component in addition to the space required to install that component. Expand each component icon and select how that component is to be installed. After making component selections, click Next. The Ready to Install the Program dialog appears. Or, click Cancel to close the wizard without making system modifications.
- On the Ready to Install the Program dialog, click Install to continue with the installation process. The installation takes several minutes.
- The Installation Wizard Completed message displays in the dialog when the components and options are successfully installed.
Rerun the Installation Wizard to install more components later, or rerun on a different computer to install selected components on a separate computer.