Specify a proxy server for storage zones
The storage zones controllers console enables you to specify a proxy server for storage zones controllers. You can also specify a proxy server using other methods.
Primary and secondary storage zones controllers communicate with each other using HTTP. If all HTTP traffic is configured to go through an outbound proxy server that does not support connections back to an internal server, you must configure both the primary and secondary storage zones controllers to bypass the proxy server so they can communicate with each other, as described in the following steps.
The bypass list settings appear only for the latest storage zones controller release. If you are using StorageZones Controller 2.2 through 2.2.2, you must manually add a bypass list to Web.config for each secondary server, as described in Web.config.
- In the storage zones controller console (
http://localhost/configservice/login.aspx), click the Networking tab.
- Select the Enable Proxy check box and enter the proxy server Address and Port.
- Select an Authentication Mode and specify your Windows account designated for ShareFile proxy access.
- If your site proxies all outbound HTTP traffic and a zone has multiple storage zones controllers, configure bypass settings:
- If all storage zones controller traffic is on the same subnet, select the Bypass proxy… check box so the controllers can communicate with each other.
- If the storage zones controllers are on different subnets, enter the primary storage zones controller host name or IP address in Bypass Address.
- Restart the IIS server of all zone members.