Install an SSL certificate
If you do not use a wildcard certificate, you must create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for the storage zones controller server and submit your request to a Certificate Authority (CA). For help, see the documentation for your CA.
Follow these steps to install a certificate.
- On the storage zones controller server, open MMC and then choose File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Select Certificates and then click Add.
- Select Computer Account, click Next, click Finish, and then click OK.
- In the MMC console, expand Certificates > Personal.
- Right-click Certificates, choose All Tasks > Import, and then click Next.
- Click Browse and then from the file name extension menu, choose Personal Information Exchange.
- Browse to the certificate location and then click Open.
- Click Next, enter the Password associated with your private key, click Next twice, and then click Finish.
- When the message Import was Successful appears, click OK.
For a public certificate, make sure that the domain it is issued to resolves to the local IP address of storage zones controller. To do that, update the hosts file on the storage zones controller to map the domain associated with the certificate to the storage zones controller IP address. If the two addresses do not resolve, users will not be able to upload files from storage zones controller.