To install NetScaler Insight Center virtual appliances on VMware ESX, use VMware vSphere client.
This topic includes the following details:
Prerequisites for Installing NetScaler Insight Center
Before you begin installing a virtual appliance, verify that the following requirements have been met:
- Install VMware ESX version 4.1 or later hardware that meets the minimum requirements.
- Install VMware Client on a management workstation that meets the minimum system requirements.
- Install VMware OVF Tool (required for VMware ESX version 4.1) on a management workstation that meets the minimum system requirements.
- Download the NetScaler Insight Center set up files.
VMware ESX Hardware Requirements
The following table lists the virtual computing resources that VMware must provide for each NetScaler Insight Center
Table 1. Minimum Virtual Computing Resources Required for Running NetScaler Insight Center
||3 GB or more
||2 or more
||120 GB required*
|Virtual Network Interfaces
||1 Gbps or 100 Mbps
The number of NetScaler Insight Center instances that you can install depends on the memory available on the VMware server.
To install NetScaler Insight Center
- Start the VMware vSphere client on your workstation.
- In the IP address / Name text box, type the IP address of the VMware ESX server that you want to connect to.
- In the User Name and Password text boxes, type the administrator credentials, and then click Login.
- On the File menu, click Deploy OVF Template.
- In the Deploy OVF Template dialog box, in Deploy from a file or URL, browse to the location where you saved the NetScaler Insight Center setup files, select the .ovf file, and click Next.
Note: If a warning message appears with the following text: The operating system identifier is not supported on the selected host, check to see if the VMware server supports FreeBSD operating system.
- On the OVF Template Details page, click Next.
- Type a name for the NetScaler Insight Center virtual appliance, and then click Next.
- Specify the Disk Format by selecting either Thin provisioned format or Thick provisioned format.
Note: Citrix recommends that you select Thick provisioned format.
- Map the networks shown in the OVF template to the networks that you configured on the ESX host.
- Click Next to start installing the NetScaler Insight Center virtual appliance on VMware ESX. When installation is complete, a pop-up window informs you of the successful installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation process.
Note: To view the status of the installation process, click the Logs tab.
- You are now ready to start the NetScaler Insight Center virtual appliance. In the navigation pane, select the virtual appliance that you just installed and, from the right-click menu, select Power On.
- Select the Console tab to display the NetScaler Insight Center Initial Network Configuration options for specifying the initial IPv4 address, subnet mask (Netmask), and Gateway IP address for the NetScaler Insight Center virtual appliance. Once the installation is complete, the VMware client reboots.
- If you want to install another NetScaler Insight Center virtual appliance, repeat steps 4 through 10.
* After provisioning NetScaler Insight Center, you cannot increase the amount of storage space allocated to it, even if more space becomes available.