1) For any changes to the HSM-related configuration in an existing setup, such as adding or removing an HSM, or creating a high availability setup, you must copy “/etc/Chrystoki.conf” to “/var/safenet/config”.
2) After adding, removing, or restarting an HSM, you must restart the “/var/safenet/gateway/safenet_gw” binary. If you don’t restart the gateway binary, the HSM will not serve any traffic after it is added back or after it restarts.
3) To reboot or stop the current “/var/safenet/gateway/safenet_gw” binary, use
Important! Do not use “kill –9 <PID>” or “kill -6 <PID>”
4) Before removing an existing HSM from the ADC, remove, from the ADC, all the keys and certificate-key pairs that are associated with that HSM. You cannot delete these files from the ADC after you remove the HSM.
5) On a standalone NetScaler appliance, SafeNet HSMs in HA are not supported.
6) EXPORT and DH (ECDHE,DHE,EDH) ciphers are not supported.
7) Update certificate-key pair operation is not supported.
8) When you generate an HSM key on a third-party tool, the private and public key names must be the same. When you add the HSM key on the appliance, provide this name as the key name.
9) The # character is not supported in a key name.
10) Cluster and admin partitions are not supported.