Machine Creation for Nutanix AHV
Make the software installers for the following software accessible to the packaging machine where you are creating the layer.
- Nutanix AHV
- Machine Creation
- Your connection broker (if applicable)
Machine creation prerequisites
When creating a platform Layer for publishing images to Machine Creation, you need:
An OS layer
Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) installer for your Windows OS
The Citrix VDA installer for the Windows OS you are using must be installed on the Platform Layer.
Citrix Desktop Delivery Controller (DDC)
The Citrix DDC software must be installed on the server where layered images are published.
Citrix resource information
The Citrix info listed in this Machine Creation Connector Configuration topic.
Nutanix AHV prerequisites
Make the software installers for your hypervisor accessible to the packaging machine where you create layers.
If you are publishing to CitriProvisioning Service or using a connection broker, the tools for those services must also be accessible to the packaging machine.
Nutanix Prism account and privileges
- A Nutanix Prism account (new or existing) to use for App Layering.
- The account must have privileges to perform the following operations:
attach virtual disks
update (aka upload)
- attach to VMs
Nutanix AHV software and settings
- Access to the VM Mobility Tools to install on the layer.
Nutanix AHV resource information
- The Acropolis Server info listed in Nutanix AHV Connector Configuration or Machine Creation for Nutanix AHV Connector Configuration.
Nutanix AHV Connector
- When creating layers for the Nutanix environment, you must use a Nutanix AHV Connector Configuration. The Machine Creation for Nutanix AHV Connector does not support Layer creation.
Connection Broker prerequisites
You need any installers, tools, and settings required to run your connection broker on the hypervisor you are using.
Required Tools and Settings
- KMS settings, if using KMS licensing