Apply a new license to ADM for an existing pooled capacity setup
This topic describes how to apply a new license on Citrix ADM for an existing pooled capacity setup. Before you can apply to ADM, you need a license file. If a license file is already present on your local computer, you can upload it to the ADM license server. Alternatively, you can use the license access code emailed by Citrix to allocate licenses from the Citrix licensing portal.
Use the Infrastructure > Pooled Licensing Licenses GUI to manage and deploy all pooled capacity license files.
Check status of existing licenses and pools
You can check the licenses available on ADM by navigating to Infrastructure > Pooled Licensing.
Scroll down to see license pools available in the License Expiry Information table with expiry dates.
To check available pools for different editions, navigate to Infrastructure > Pooled Licensing > Bandwidth licenses > Pooled Capacity
Allocate a new license
If you do not have an already available license on your local computer, you can allocate the license using the Citrix-provided access code or download from the Citrix licensing portal using the host ID given in the GUI. For more information on downloading licenses from the Citrix licensing portal, see the support article Citrix Licensing.
Apply a new license
Follow these steps to apply a downloaded license file.
Navigate to Infrastructure > Pooled Licensing, click Add License File.
- Click Browse, and upload the new license.
- Click Finish. You can add more licenses from the License Settings page at any time.
- After the license is added, the pooled capacity dashboard shows the new availability capacity.
Delete a license
To delete an existing license, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Pooled Licensing.
- Select the license and click Delete to remove the license anytime.
ADM automatically checks out the requested license for ADC from the new pool available.
- For the selected ADC, to change bandwidth allocation, click Allocate to change the selected pool.