June 19, 2019|Release notes version: 2.0
This release notes document describes the enhancements and changes and specifies the issues that exist, for the Citrix ADM release 13.0 Build 36.27.
- This release notes document does not include security related fixes. For a list of security related fixes and advisories, see the Citrix security bulletin.
- The [# XXXXXX] labels under the issue descriptions are internal tracking IDs used by the Citrix ADC team.
The enhancements and changes that are available in Build 36.27.
- Support to view Insight reports only for authorized applicationsCitrix ADM analytics now supports virtual IP address based authorization. When you authorize the users to a set of specific applications or virtual servers, users can now see the analytics reports for only those applications (virtual servers) that they are authorized to.[# NSADM-17971, NSADM-11872, NSADM-11889, NSADM-11878, 716877]
- Support to configure analytics on partitions on Citrix ADC instancesYou can now enable analytics on the admin partitions created on Citrix ADC instances. Citrix ADM receives the web and security insights sent by the different partitions on an instance. You can now monitor the traffic in the virtual servers bound to an admin partition.[# NSADM-17983, 717737]
- View analytics for Web transactionsYou can now view the analytics for slower server response time and for server errors. When you click a particular error legend from the graph, the Transaction Summary page is displayed for that particular virtual server and event. The page provides the additional details to analyze the root cause of the issue.[# NSADM-23665]
- View analytics for service flapsOne of the most common issues you might face is service flapping, in which the state of a service changes frequently. Service flapping might indicate configuration issues or network issues, and could lead to outages for end users whose requests are directed to the flapping services.Now you can check which services are in DOWN status for a specific period of time in Citrix ADM.[# NSADM-23819]
Hybrid and Multi-Cloud
- Visualize issues using Infrastructure AnalyticsThe Citrix ADM Infrastructure analytics feature collates all the data gathered from the Citrix ADC instances into a visual representation on a single page. This feature visualizes the factors that resulted or might result in an issue on the instances, thereby helps you to determine the actions that must be performed to prevent the issue and its recurrence.[# NSADM-23680]
- Increase bandwidth with burst licensingBurst licensing is a special program that provides extra bandwidth or instance licenses to the pooled capacity. For virtual CPU subscription, it adds virtual CPU licenses. When your base subscription limit is reached, you can use readily available licenses without having to procure a brand new license. These burst licenses are charged based on your actual usage per month. The burst licensing program is available only for selected customers on a need basis.You can view monthly and yearly summary to track your bandwidth usage of the pooled capacity. To view the license usage, navigate to the Pooled Capacity > License Usage page in Citrix ADM.[# NSADM-30023]
- Consolidated display of all virtual servers on the licensing virtual servers pageCitrix ADM displays a consolidated view of all virtual servers in the network.1. Navigate to Networks > Licenses.2. In the Licensed Virtual Server section, click the button to select the virtual servers for licensing.The License Virtual Servers page is displayed with All Virtual Servers tab, that lists all virtual servers irrespective of the fact that they are load balancing, content switching or any other type of virtual servers.3. You can select the virtual servers required and apply licenses to them.[# NSADM-25194]
- Configure PagerDuty alerts in Citrix ADMEarlier, from the Citrix ADM GUI, you can send notifications through email, SMS, and Slack. You can now send notifications to PagerDuty based on your configurations that you have done in your PagerDuty page.PagerDuty enables you to configure notifications such as email, SMS, push notification, and phone call on registered number.You can select your PagerDuty profile as one of the options to get notifications for the following features:- Events – List of events that are generated for Citrix ADC instances.- Licenses – List of licenses that are currently active, about to expire, and so on.- SSL Certificates – List of SSL certificates that are currently active, about to expire, and so on.Before you add a PagerDuty profile in Citrix ADM, ensure that you have completed the required configurations in PagerDuty. For more information, see https://support.pagerduty.com/docs/introduction[# NSADM-25940]
- Display analytics-enabled license virtual serversCitrix ADM displays the list of virtual servers that have analytics enabled on them.1. Navigate to Networks > Licenses2. In the licensed virtual server section, select the virtual servers for licensing.3. Select the virtual server type and click the Licensed tab.The AppFlow Logging column displays which analytics is enabled on the virtual servers.[# NSADM-31706]
- Set time zone preference for notifications and scheduled jobs in Citrix ADMCitrix ADM enables you to run scheduled jobs and send notifications based on your preferred time zone. Citrix ADM uses the time zone that you set for:- Configuration jobs- Maintenance jobs- Analytics insights- Notifications and reportsTo set the time zone:1. Navigate to System > System Settings > Change Display Time zone.2. Under Modify System Time Zone, select the time zone.3. Under Modify Display Time Zone, select either Local (Client Browser Time) or GMT.Note: For example, if you select Eastern Daylight time for System Time Zone and select GMT for Display Time Zone, then Citrix ADM uses GMT zone to send notifications and run scheduled jobs.[# NSADM-32534]
- Use a proxy server for connecting Citrix ADM to Citrix CloudFrom 12.1 release 50.x build onwards, Citrix ADM requires your Citrix Cloud user credentials for user authentication, before gaining access to Citrix ADM. You also required to register on Citrix Cloud services before ADM authentication. For more information, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-cloud/overview/signing-up-for-citrix-cloud/signing-up-for-citrix-cloud.htmlHowever, if Citrix ADM is not connected to the internet, Citrix might not be able to push the statistics to Citrix Cloud. You can now configure a proxy server in Citrix ADM to connect to Citrix Cloud. Proxy server acts as an intermediary between the Citrix ADM and Internet.For more information on how to configure the proxy server, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-application-delivery-management-software/12-1/data-governance.html[# NSADM-32897]
The issues that exist in Build 36.27.
- If you set data persistence values for storing hourly data for more than 14 days, the data for daily, weekly, and monthly reports might not appear in the Citrix ADM.[# NSADM-36541]
- If you upgrade or restart Citrix ADC instances that are managed in Citrix ADM, the Logstream data does not appear in Citrix ADM.Workaround: You must restart Citrix ADM to receive Logstream data after upgrading or restarting the managed Citrix ADC instances.[# NSADM-37039]
- Citrix ADM fails to trigger scale-out or scale-in action even after the configured-threshold values for Citrix ADC instances are breached.[# NSADM-37655]
- When you change the time zone in License Usage from local to GMT, it does not change the custom time to GMT. And, the License Usage report is not generated.[# NSADM-17670, 716937]
- If you delete a license server from a Citrix ADC instance, the Citrix ADM continues to display the values for that instance. Even after the instance is restarted, the value still appears.[# NSADM-35400]
- When the Citrix ADM checks out the license for a BLX instance, the instance type appears as none.[# NSADM-35674]
- The Notification Settings for SSL dashboard might not work.[# NSADM-32132]
- In Citrix ADM, when a non-nsroot user navigates to the Networks > Agents page and clicks View Details for the selected agent, the instances list might display the instances to which the user does not have access. However, when the user tries to access the instances, an error is displayed.[# NSADM-34794]
- When you attempt to upgrade a Citrix ADC SDX instance through Citrix ADM, the upgrade fails and the following error message appears:“SCP: Unable to open a session on <IP address of the SDX instance>. Agent id not found.”[# NSHELP-19767]
- If you are using OpenStack Queens for LBaas workflow, the Load Balancing virtual server is not bound to Content Switching virtual server. This issue impacts the traffic.Workaround:1. Create a pool with Load Balancing virtual server.2. Create a listener with the pool ID.If you already have a listener, update the listener with the pool ID.[# NSADM-36631]
- If you are adding a service package and the Shared Citrix ADC instance allocation option is selected, the Least Configured placement method does not work.[# NSADM-36818]