Customer license and usage monitoring for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service
Customers of Citrix Service Providers (CSP) can easily monitor Virtual Apps and Desktops service licenses for their users in Citrix Cloud. As a CSP, you can access these details by signing in to your customer’s account in Citrix Cloud. To view aggregated license usage information across single-tenant and multitenant customers, see Cloud service license usage and reporting for Citrix Service Providers.
Customers can view their licensing data by selecting Licensing from the Citrix Cloud menu.
Citrix Cloud assigns a license when a unique customer user launches an app or desktop for the first time within the current month.
The Cloud Services tab displays a licensing summary that provides an at-a-glance view of the following information:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned. As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
- The number of over-assigned licenses, if any. If the number of assigned licenses exceeds the number of total licenses purchased, an alert message appears.
Usage trends and license activity
Select View Usage Details at the far right of the licensing summary for a detailed view of licenses.
The Usage Trends section displays a breakdown of the following information:
- Total Licenses: Your total purchased licenses for the cloud service across all entitlements.
- Assigned Users: The cumulative number of licenses assigned to customer users during each month.
- Over-assigned Users: The number of licenses that were assigned for each month in excess of the total licenses purchased.
The License Activity section displays a list of the individual customer users who have licenses assigned during the current month. This list also displays the domain to which each user belongs, the date when a license was assigned, and the last time the service was used.
Monthly release of licenses
On the first day of each month, assigned licenses from the previous month are released automatically. When this happens, the number of assigned licenses resets to zero and the list of licensed customer users is cleared. Licenses are re-assigned when users launch apps or desktops for the first time within the new month.
Review monthly license history
On the first day of each month, the list of licensed customer users from the previous month, under License Activity, is cleared when the number of assigned licenses resets to zero. However, you can access user details from previous months at any time and download them as a CSV file, if needed.
- In the License Activity section, select View License History at the far right of the section.
- Select the month you want to view. A list of the user details for the selected month appears.
- To export the list, select Export to CSV at the far right of the section and then save the file.
Export license details
At any time, customers can export licensed user details to a CSV file for further analysis. The customer can then use the CSV file as needed to analyze the license details.
To export the current month’s details, in the License Activity section, select Export to CSV at the far right of the section and then save the file.
To export the details for previous months, generate a list for a selected month as described in Review monthly license history. Select Export to CSV and save the file.