NetScaler Gateway provides users with secure VPN access to XenApp, XenDesktop, and XenMobile applications across a range of devices including laptops, desktops, thin clients, tablets, and smartphones.
NetScaler Gateway Service enables secure, remote access to XenApp and XenDesktop applications, without having to deploy NetScaler Gateway in the DMZ or reconfigure your firewall. The entire infrastructure overhead of using NetScaler Gateway moves to the cloud and hosted by Citrix.
You enable NetScaler Gateway Service in the Citrix Cloud. After enabling the service, users can access their VDAs from outside their network, as shown in the following diagram.
By default, NetScaler Gateway Service is disabled.
To enable NetScaler Gateway Service
- On the Citrix Cloud > Apps and Desktops menu, choose Manage > Service Delivery. The Service Delivery screen appears.
- Click NetScaler Gateway.
- Click Use cloud hosted Citrix NetScaler Gateway.
Azure Points of Presence (PoP)
- Azure South Central US
- Azure West Europe
- Azure Australia East
- Azure East US
- Azure West US
- Azure North Europe
- Azure Japan East
- Azure Brazil South
- Azure Southeast Asia (Singapore)
Amazon Points of Presence (PoP)
Be aware of the following limitations in the current service:
- NetScaler Gateway Service is enabled for use with HDX traffic as part of the XenApp and XenDesktop Service only. Other NetScaler Gateway functionality is not enabled.
- The Citrix Cloud Connector located within your Citrix Cloud resource locations communicates with Citrix-run cloud services communicating through the internet. This communication channel does not support authentication at outbound proxies for access to the internet.
- All network traffic is protected by SSL, but to provide the NetScaler Gateway functionality, HDX traffic is present in memory in an unencrypted form.
- To use the NetScaler Gateway Service, you must use StoreFront hosted within the Citrix Cloud.
- SmartAccess does not work for sessions connected through the NetScaler Gateway Service.
For more information, see NetScaler Gateway on the Citrix Production Documentation website.