Support for Enterprise web apps
Web apps delivery using Citrix Gateway service enables enterprise specific applications to be delivered remotely as a web-based service. Commonly used Web apps include SharePoint, Confluence, OneBug, and so forth.
Web apps can now be accessed using Citrix Workspace using Citrix Gateway service. The Citrix Gateway service coupled with Citrix Workspace provides a unified user experience for the configured Web apps, SaaS apps, configured virtual apps, or any other workspace resources.
Ways to configure Enterprise web apps
Enterprise web apps can be configured and published in the following two ways:
Template based configuration - For configuration steps, see Configuring and publishing apps using template
Manual configuration - Configuration steps are as follows.
Configuring and publishing Enterprise web apps manually
The following configuration takes the SharePoint app as an example to configure and publish an app manually:
On the Citrix Gateway service tile, click Manage.
Click Add a Web/SaaS App tab below the Single Sign On tile.
Click Skip to configure the SharePoint app manually.
Check Inside my corporate network radio button. Enter the following details in the App Details section and click Next.
Name – Name of the application.
URL – URL for the Web app.
Related URLs – URLs related to the app being configured.
Icon – Click Change to change the app icon. The icon file size must be 128x128 pixels. If you do not change the icon, the default icon is displayed.
Description – A brief description about the application.
In the Enhanced Security section, select Enable enhanced security to choose the security options you would like to apply to the application. The following enhanced security options can be enabled for the application.
- Restrict clipboard access: Disables cut/copy/paste operations between the app and system clipboard
- Restrict printing: Disables ability to print from within the Citrix Workspace app browser
- Restrict navigation: Disables the next/back app browser buttons
- Restrict downloads: Disables the user’s ability to download from within the app
- Display watermark: Displays a watermark on the user’s screen displaying username and IP address of the user’s machine
Now we need to connect to a resource location. You can either select an existing resource location or create a new one. To choose an existing resource location, click on one of the resource locations from the list of resource locations, for example My Resource Location, and click Next. For guidance on adding a new resource location, click https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-gateway-service/gateway-connector.html
Select your preferred single sign on type to be used for your application and click Save. The following single sign-on types are available.
- Basic – If your back-end server presents you with a basic-401 challenge, choose Basic SSO.
- Kerberos – If your back-end server presents you with negotiate-401 challenge, choose Kerberos SSO.
- Form-based – If your back-end server presents you with an HTML form for authentication, choose Form based SSO.
- No SSO – Use No SSO option when you do not need to authenticate user on the backend server.
Note: You do not need to enter configuration details for the above Single Sign-on types except Form-based.
Enter the following Form-based configuration details in the Single Sign On section and click Save.
Action URL - Type the URL to which the completed form is submitted.
- Logon form URL – Type the URL on which the logon form is presented.
- Username field – Type a username attribute.
- Password field – Type a password attribute.
Note: When Don’t use SSO option is selected, the user is redirected to the URL configured under App details section.
The following screen appears indicating that the app has been added to the library.
On the Citrix Cloud screen, click View Library tab under Library Offerings. Notice that the newly added app features in your library
To assign users for the app, hover your pointer over the ellipses on the right, and click Manage Subscribers.
Click Choose a domain drop-down and select a domain. Click Choose a group or user and assign users.
Note: A subscribed user can be unsubscribed by selecting the user and clicking on the delete icon next to Status.
To obtain the Workspace URL to be shared with app users, on Citrix Cloud, click menu icon and navigate to Workspace Configuration.
Apps having Template for simplified configuration
App templates pre-fill much of the information required for configuring popular applications. The following apps can be configured using template.
Editing a published app
To edit a published app, perform the following steps:
Go to Library and identify the app to be edited.
Hover your pointer over the ellipses on the right and click Edit.
Edit the entries under App Details section and click Save.
Edit the entries under Single Sign On section, click Save, and click Finish.
Deleting a published app
To delete a published app, perform the following steps:
- Go to Library and identify the app to be deleted.
- Click the dot icon on the right and click Delete.
Launching a configured app – end-user flow
To launch a configured app, perform the following steps:
- Logon to Citrix workspace with AD user credentials.
- Admin configured app is shown.
- Click on the app to launch the app.
- The app is launched and the user is signed-in to the app.