Managing printers in your environment is a multistage process:
- Become familiar with printing concepts, if you are not already.
- Plan your printing architecture. This includes analyzing your business needs, your existing printing infrastructure, how your users and applications interact with printing today, and which printing management model best applies to your environment.
- Configure your printing environment by selecting a printer provisioning method and then creating policies to deploy your printing design. Update policies when new employees or servers are added.
- Test a pilot printing configuration before deploying it to users.
- Maintain your Citrix printing environment by managing printer drivers and optimizing printing performance.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise.
For complete information about printing in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment, begin with Print. From that article, you can move on to:
- Printing configuration examples
- Best practices
- Printing policies and preferences
- Provison printers
- Maintain the printing environment
Install the Universal Print Server on your print servers
- Ensure that each print server has Microsoft Virtual C++ Runtime 2013, 32-bit and 64-bit installed.
- Navigate to the Citrix Universal Print Server download page and click Download File.
Run one of the following commands on each print server:
- For a 32-bit operating system: UpsServer_x86.msi.
- For a 64-bit operating system: UpsServer_x64.msi.
After you install the Universal Print Server, configure it using the guidance in Provision printers.