Install, Uninstall, and Upgrade
Citrix Workspace app for Mac contains a single installation package and supports remote access through Citrix Gateway, and Secure Web Gateway.
You can install Citrix Workspace app for Mac in any of the following ways:
From the Citrix website
Automatically from Workspace for Web
Using an Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) tool.
By default, the Citrix Workspace app is installed in the Applications directory. The installation paths are as follows:
- Full install -
- Citrix Workspace app for Mac executable -
"/Applications/Citrix\ Workspace.app/Contents/MacOS/Citrix\ Workspace"
By a user from Citrix.com
As a first-time user, you can download Citrix Workspace app for Mac from Citrix.com or your own download site. You can then set up an account by entering an email address instead of a server URL. Citrix Workspace app for Mac determines the Citrix Gateway or StoreFront server associated with the email address. Then it prompts the user to log on and continue the installation. This feature is referred to as email-based account discovery.
A first-time user is a user who does not have Citrix Workspace app for Mac installed on their user device.
Email-based account discovery for a first-time user does not apply if you have downloaded from a location other than Citrix.com (such as a Citrix Receiver for website).
If your site requires the configuration of Citrix Workspace app for Mac, use an alternate deployment method.
Using an Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) tool
A first-time Citrix Workspace app for Mac user must enter a server URL to set up an account.
From Citrix Downloads page
You can install Citrix Workspace app for Mac from a network share, or directly on to the user device. You can install the app by downloading the file from the Citrix website at Downloads.
To install Citrix Workspace app for Mac:
- Download the .dmg file for the version of Citrix Workspace app for Mac that you want to install from the Citrix website.
- Open the downloaded file.
- On the Introduction page, click Continue.
- On the License page, click Continue.
- Click Agree to accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- On the Installation Type page, click Install.
- On the Add Account page, select Add Account and then click Continue.
- Enter the user name and password of an administrator on the local device.
You can now simply drag or move the Citrix Workspace app icon into the bin to completely uninstall the Citrix Workspace app for Mac. To uninstall the Citrix Workspace app, do the following:
- Close the Citrix Workspace app, if it’s running.
- Drag the Citrix Workspace app to the bin. Alternatively, you can right click on the Citrix Workspace app and select Options > Move to Bin.
- Provide your system credentials when prompted.
- Close all running apps (Citrix Workspace) and click Continue to confirm. The Citrix Workspace app and all its system files are deleted from your device.
You can also uninstall Citrix Workspace app for Mac manually by opening the .dmg file. Select Uninstall Citrix Workspace App and follow the on-screen instructions. The .dmg file is the file that is downloaded from Citrix when installing Citrix Workspace app for Mac for the first time. If the file is no longer on your computer, download the file again from Citrix Downloads to uninstall the application.
Citrix Workspace app for Mac sends you notifications when there is an update available for an existing version or an upgrade to a newer version.
You can upgrade Citrix Workspace app for Mac from any of the previous versions of Citrix Workspace app for Mac.
When you upgrade to a newer version of Citrix Workspace app for Mac, the previous version is uninstalled automatically. You don’t need to restart your machine.