If you have already installed Citrix Workspace app for Windows, download and install the latest version of the app from the Citrix Downloads page.
When a new version of the Citrix Workspace app is released, Citrix pushes the update on the system that has the Citrix Workspace app installed.
- If you have configured an SSL intercepting outbound proxy, add an exception to the Workspace auto-update signature service
https://citrixupdates.cloud.com/and the download location
https://downloadplugins.citrix.com/to receive updates from Citrix.
- Your system must have an internet connection to receive updates.
- By default, Citrix Workspace Updates is disabled on the VDA. This includes RDS multi-user server machines, VDI and Remote PC Access machines.
- Citrix Workspace Updates are disabled on machines where Desktop Lock is installed.
- Workspace for web users cannot download the StoreFront policy automatically.
- Citrix Workspace updates can be limited to LTSR updates only.
- Citrix HDX RTME for Windows is included in Citrix Workspace Updates. You are notified of the available HDX RTME update on both the LTSR and the current release of the Citrix Workspace app.
Advanced configuration for automatic updates (Citrix Workspace Updates)
You can configure Citrix Workspace Updates using the following methods:
- Group Policy Object (GPO) administrative template
- Command-line interface
- Graphical user interface
Configure Citrix Workspace Updates using the Group Policy Object administrative template
Open the Citrix Workspace app Group Policy Object administrative template by running gpedit.msc and navigate to the Computer Configuration node, go to Administrative Templates > Citrix Components > Citrix Workspace > Workspace Updates.
Enable or disable updates – Select Enabled or Disabled to enable or disable Workspace Updates.
When you select Disabled, you are not notified of the new updates. This also hides the Workspace Updates option from the Advanced Preferences sheet.
Update notification – When an update is available, you can choose to be automatically notified or check for them manually. After you have enabled Workspace updates, select one of the following options from the Enable Citrix Workspace Update Policy drop-down:
- Auto - You are notified when an update is available (default).
- Manual - You are not notified when an update is available. Check for updates manually.
- Select LTSR ONLY to get updates for LTSR only.
From the Citrix-Workspace-Update-DeferUpdate-Count drop-down, select a value between -1 and 30:
- -1 - Allows deferring the notifications any number of times (default).
- 0 - You will receive only one notification for the update.
Configure the delay in checking for updates
When a new version of Workspace app is available, Citrix rolls the update during a specific delivery period. With this property, you can control at what stage during the delivery period you can receive the update.
To configure the delivery period, run
gpedit.msc to launch the Group Policy Object administrative template. Under Computer Configuration node, go to Administrative Templates > Citrix Components > Citrix Workspace > Set the Delay in Checking for Update.
Select Enabled, and from the Delay Group drop-down, select one of the following:
- Fast – Update rollout happens at the beginning of the delivery period.
- Medium – Update rollout happens at the mid-delivery period.
- Slow – Update rollout happens at the end of the delivery period.
When you select Disabled, you are not notified of the available updates. This also hides the Workspace Updates option from the Advanced Preferences sheet.
Configure Citrix Workspace Updates using the command-line interface
By specifying command-line parameters while installing Workspace app:
You can configure Workspace updates by specifying command-line parameters during the Citrix Workspace app installation. See Install parameters for more information.
By using command-line parameters after Citrix Workspace app has been installed:
Citrix Workspace Updates can also be configured after installing the Citrix Workspace app for Windows. Navigate to the location of CitrixReceiverUpdater.exe using the Windows command line.
Typically, CitrixWorkspaceUpdater.exe is at
CitrixWorkspaceInstallLocation\Citrix\Ica Client\Receiver. You may run this binary along with the command-line parameters listed in the Install parameters section.
CitrixReceiverUpdater.exe /AutoUpdateCheck=auto /AutoUpdateStream=Current /DeferUpdateCount=-1 /AURolloutPriority= fast
Configure Citrix Workspace Updates using the graphical user interface
Individual user can over-ride the Citrix Workspace Updates setting using the Advanced Preferences dialog. This is a per-user configuration and the settings apply only to the current user. Right-click Citrix Workspace app icon from the notification area. Select Advanced Preferences > Workspace Updates. Select the notification preference and click Save.
You can hide all or part of the Advanced Preferences sheet available from the Citrix Workspace app icon in the notification area. For more information, see the Advanced Preferences sheet section.
Configure Citrix Workspace Updates using StoreFront
Use a text editor to open the
web.configfile, which is typically located in the
Locate the user account element in the file (Store is the account name of your deployment)
<account id=... name="Store">
</account>tag, navigate to the properties of that user account:
<properties> <clear/> </properties>
Add the auto-update tag after <clear /> tag.
<account> <clear /> <account id="d1197d2c-ac82-4f13-9346-2ee14d4b0202" name="F84Store" description="" published="true" updaterType="Citrix" remoteAccessType="None"> <annotatedServices> <clear /> <annotatedServiceRecord serviceRef="1__Citrix_F84Store"> <metadata> <plugins> <clear /> </plugins> <trustSettings> <clear /> </trustSettings> <properties> <property name="Auto-Update-Check" value="auto" /> <property name="Auto-Update-DeferUpdate-Count" value="1" /> <property name="Auto-Update-LTSR-Only" value="FALSE" /> <property name="Auto-Update-Rollout-Priority" value="fast" /> </properties> </metadata> </annotatedServiceRecord> </annotatedServices> <metadata> <plugins> <clear /> </plugins> <trustSettings> <clear /> </trustSettings> <properties> <clear /> </properties> </metadata> </account>
The meaning of the properties and their possible values are detailed as follows:
- Auto-update-Check: Indicates that Citrix Workspace app detects an update automatically when available.
- Auto-update-LTSR-Only: Indicates that the release update is for LTSR only.
- Auto-update-Rollout-Priority: Indicates the delivery period in which you can receive the update.
- Auto-update-DeferUpdate-Count: Indicates the number of counts that you can defer the notifications for the release updates.