Customer Success Services
Your purchase of a new Citrix product includes a one-year membership in Customer Success Services. This membership entitles you to all product updates, along with other benefits. These updates include all releases during your membership period.
After your initial one-year membership period expires, renew your Customer Success Services membership by paying Citrix for your renewal. Use the Citrix Licensing Manager to install your renewal licenses. You can go to citrix.com and download a license file that has your renewal license.
A Customer Success Services membership and its license are distinct from your license to run the product. Your Citrix products don’t stop working if you don’t renew your Customer Success Services membership. But you are not entitled to any software releases after it expires.
Customer Success Services renewal licenses
Customer Success Services renewal license files contain licenses, known as renewal licenses, that extend your Customer Success Services membership for a one-year period. These licenses are required to run all new product releases, excluding hotfixes, that are released during your membership period.
If you do not add the Customer Success Services renewal licenses immediately, your Citrix products do not stop working. However, you cannot run any new software released during your renewed membership until you have the renewal license on your License Server.
If Citrix releases a product version after your Customer Success Service membership ends, renew your Customer Success Services membership. Obtain a renewal license before you can use the new product version.
Before you upgrade to any of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops releases, ensure that your current Customer Success Services dates are valid and have not expired. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops releases use a year-month date format (YYMM). Ensure that the date in your license is equal or newer than the product release date. For a comprehensive list of release dates, see Citrix Product Customer Success Services Eligibility Dates.
When you renew your Customer Success Services membership, you can use the renewal license features of the Citrix Licensing Manager. For more information see, Update licenses.
When you download more license files, you can delete the expired Customer Success Services licenses. However, it is not a requirement. You might want to keep them to make it easier to identify the upgrade that is associated with each base license.
Find out your Customer Success Services dates by using Citrix Licensing Manager, or view the license file in the text editor.
Check for and install Customer Success Services renewal licenses with the Citrix Licensing Manager
When enabled, the Citrix Licensing Manager contacts Citrix.com web services weekly to check for available Customer Success Services renewal licenses.
Based on your configuration, the Citrix Licensing Manager automatically checks for Customer Success Services renewal licenses, or allows you to check manually. It notifies you or installs the licenses when found.
- In the Citrix Licensing Manager, click Settings in the upper right of the UI.
- Choose how you want to be notified and if you want renewal licenses to be automatically installed.
If the automatic checks for Customer Success Services renewal licenses fail, check the firewall setting or configure a proxy. For this feature to work, the License Server must be able to access https://citrixservices.citrix.com. For more information, see Configure a proxy server manually.
You can also configure the ports, the supplemental grace period, and the language on this page.
- Automatically check for Customer Success Services renewal licenses and notify when available: Citrix Licensing Manager displays a notification. Click the link to download and install the available renewals. This same notification appears in Studio and Director if they are configured to manage the License Server.
- Automatically check for and install Customer Success Services renewal licenses when available: Citrix Licensing Manager checks weekly and automatically installs renewal licenses when available. A notification displays for a few days stating that renewals have been installed.
- Manually check for Customer Success Services renewal licenses: Select the Update Licenses tab and Check for Available Renewals. You can check the Update Licenses tab at any time to see a list of licenses installed in the last 30 days.