Transition and Trade-Up (TTU) with Hybrid Rights
Transition and Trade-Up
Transition is when you move your current on-premises licenses to the cloud version of the same product/edition. For example, you move from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced on-premises to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced Service.
Trade Up is when you exchange your current on-premises licenses or cloud subscriptions to a new product or a higher-level product edition. For example, you move from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced on-premises to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium Service.
Transition and Trade-Up (TTU) is a combination of both Transition and Trade-up where you move your current on-premises licenses to the cloud and exchange these licenses for a higher-level product edition. For example, you move from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced on-premises to Citrix Workspace service Premium Plus.
An on-premises customer can move their existing deployments of eligible Citrix products to Citrix Cloud services through the Transition and Trade-Up (TTU). TTU subscriptions are co-termed with Hybrid Rights for easy transition process. Hybrid-Rights provide time to gradually move on-premises deployments to Cloud while accessing both on-premises and Cloud environments during such period.
Transition and Trade-Up terms and limitations
- You must have a minimum of 25 licenses in your account.
- You must have an active Customer Success Services entitlement in effect at the time of your Transition, Trade Up, or TTU transaction.
- The on-premises licenses which are the subject of the Transition, Trade-Up, or TTU are rescinded upon the purchase. The rescinded licenses are replaced with term-based on-premises licenses corresponding to the licensing product, edition, and model of the original on-premises licenses. Those on-premises entitlements under Hybrid Rights are delivered under the licensing product, edition, and model of the original on-premises licenses and not the new subscriptions. For more information see Hybrid Rights.
- For offerings specific to Transition and Trade-Up, check with your Citrix sales representative or partner for more information.
- For more information about how to start your transition from on-premises to Citrix Cloud, contact your account Customer Support Manager.
Hybrid Rights are term-based on-premises subscription licenses. These licenses are provided in addition to the cloud service subscription when an on-premises customer transitions or trades up from an on-premises license to a cloud service subscription. Citrix rescinds your on-premises perpetual licenses and replaces them with a ‘like for like’ term-based on-premises licenses corresponding to the licensing product, edition, and model of the original on-premises licenses and for the duration defined under the applicable Cloud and/or Hybrid Rights SKUs. Hybrid Rights subscriptions provide access to both your on-premises and Cloud resources at the same time. Only those users or devices covered by your Citrix Cloud subscription may use the Hybrid Rights on-premises term licenses to connect to the Citrix Cloud Services.
For example, if you have Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced (CCU) on-premises licenses and you trade up to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium Service (User/Device) you get on-premises Hybrid Rights entitlements along with the subscription licenses. Hybrid Rights are used to operate your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced CCU on-premises deployment for the term of your subscription or shorter duration as defined by the relevant SKU.
Rescinded licenses must be deleted from License Servers. For more information, see Deleting license files. With Hybrid Rights, you can transition to Cloud gradually while running your on-premises deployment in parallel, without losing out on your on-premises infrastructure.
Unless otherwise defined by the relevant SKU, Hybrid Rights are co-termed with the subscriptions purchased in the corresponding Transition and Trade-Up transaction. Citrix Cloud services deployments operate on cloud-based infrastructure. If you want to use on-premises license components (excluding the Citrix Cloud Connector) or on-premises infrastructure to support or launch Citrix Cloud services deployments you must purchase on-premises term licenses or Hybrid Rights separately from the relevant cloud subscription. If you use on-premises deployments beyond the initial term of Transition and Trade-Up subscriptions, additional hybrid rights add-on licenses must be purchased to continue using those on-premises deployments.
Hybrid Rights Add-on
You can purchase available Hybrid Right add-ons to expand your deployments, add new users, or extend Hybrid Rights subscription terms if your migration to the Cloud is not completed.
Hybrid Right add-ons are not required for new users deployed on Citrix Cloud. However, Hybrid Rights add-ons are required for new users if the customer wants to initially deploy the new users on on-premises before moving them to Citrix Cloud.
If you buy Hybrid Rights add-ons for new users, you must separately buy new corresponding Cloud subscriptions for these new users. The Hybrid Rights add-on licenses for new users cover only the on-premises licensing.
Hybrid Rights deployment scenarios
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops do not support mixed editions in a single site but do support mixed products. For more information, see Multi-type licensing.
Example for CCU licenses
If a customer has 500 Citrix Virtual Apps Premium on-premises (CCU) licenses and transitions to Citrix Virtual Apps Premium Service, the customer would get 500 Virtual Apps (CCU) term-based on-premises licenses along with their corresponding Cloud subscriptions.
However, if the customer has Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced on-premises perpetual (CCU) licenses and trades-up to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium Service, the corresponding term-based on-premises Hybrid Rights licenses would be for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced on-premises perpetual (CCU) licenses and not Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium service. In other words, the Hybrid Right licenses the customer gets are “like for like” under the original license product, model, and edition and not the product, model, and edition of the newly licensed service.
Example for U/D licenses
- In the first exmaple for CCU licenses, if a customer purchases additional 500 Citrix Virtual Apps Premium Service as an add-on, they must purchase 500 Citrix Virtual Apps Premium (U/D) Hybrid Right add-on licenses if their Cloud migration has not been completed at such time. They would receive 500 Citrix Virtual Apps Premium (U/D) term-based on-premises licenses for a relevant term.