System information, logs, and alerts
You can view system information about the license server and the system running the license server. The following information is available by clicking the Administration option in the top right corner of the License Administration Console, followed by the System Information tab.
|Release Version||The version of the license server.|
|License Server Manager Port Number in Use||The port number that the license server uses to communicate with the products.|
|Display||On Windows, the display is the system name or the terminal server client name (in a terminal server environment). On UNIX, the display is the X-Display name or the value returned by the ttyname() (or comparable) function.|
|Host Name||The name of the computer hosting the license server.|
|Host Domain Name||The fully qualified name of the computer hosting the license server.|
|IPv4 Address||The IP version 4 address of the computer hosting the license server. The IPv4 address appears only if the computer has IPv4 enabled.|
|IPv6 Address||The IP version 6 address used to identify the computer hosting the license server. The IPv6 address appears only if the computer has IPv6 enabled.|
|Ethernet Address||The Ethernet address (also known as the MAC address) of the computer hosting the license server.|
|Local Stop Server Allowed||Displays yes or no. If it is no, you cannot stop the license server using the lmdown utility or the console. Configure this property using the -allowStopServer command-line option when you run the license server manager (lmadmin). Disabled by default.|
|Remote Stop Server Allowed||Displays yes or no. If it is no, you cannot stop the license server from a remote machine using lmdown or the console. Disabled by default.|
Log files are stored in:
- C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LS\Logs on a 32-bit server
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Citrix\Licensing\LS\Logs on a 64-bit server
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\WebServicesForLicensing\Logs on a 64-bit server
|Log||File name||Viewable from||What it logs|
|License server log||lmadmin.log||Server Configuration > Logging||License server, console, and administration activities|
|Vendor daemon log||citrix.log||Vendor Daemon Configuration > Vendor Daemon Log||Licenses and license activities|
|Access log||access.log||logs folder||HTTP access events Note: This log is used by support personnel for debugging purposes only.|
|Web log||web.log||logs folder||Web server information Note: This log is used by support personnel for debugging purposes only.|
Some versions of the license server (earlier than 11.6.1) included a report log. The License Administration Console does not include a report log. Legacy report log files are updated only when you relocate the file reportlog.rl to the logs directory and update the options file to control it.
C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LS\reportlog.rl for Windows
To view and configure the license server log
- In the Administration area, on the Server Configuration page, click the Logging bar.
- Click View log file.
- To change the level of logging, select the type of information to be recorded from the Log Level drop-down list. Note: Leave this property set to the default setting of Information unless support personnel instructs you to change it to aid in troubleshooting.
To view the vendor daemon log
This procedure displays the latest 200 lines of data in the file. You can view the entire contents of the log (citrix.log) by opening it directly from:
\\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LS\Logs folder for Windows
- In the Administration area, on the Vendor Daemon Configuration screen, click the Vendor Daemon Log bar.
- Select View log file.
To configure the vendor daemon log
- In the Administration area, on the Vendor Daemon Configuration page, click the Vendor Daemon Log bar.
Select whether to overwrite or append to the log:
Option Description Overwrite Vendor Daemon Log When selected, this option overwrites the log when you restart the Citrix Licensing service or the vendor daemon. If the option is clear, the log entries are appended to the end of the file. Vendor Daemon Log Location We don’t recommend changing log location.
- Click Save.
- Click Stop under Vendor Daemon Actions.
- Click Administer on the Vendor Daemon Configuration page and then Start under Vendor Daemon Actions.
Alerts appear on the Dashboard and are classified as critical or important. Administrators can select which alerts appear on the Dashboard and set the thresholds that trigger them.
- In the top right corner of the console, select Administration and select the Alert Configuration tab.
- Select the alerts you want to display on the Dashboard, and for the important alerts determine the threshold to trigger the alert.
- Click Save.
- By default, Customer Success Services membership alerts also appear on the Dashboard. To turn on or off these alerts:
- Click Vendor Daemon Configuration.
- Select the Citrix vendor daemon.
- Select or clear Enable Customer Success Services membership expiration alerts for this vendor daemon.
Certain license types are not covered by Customer Success Services. They appear in alerts in the Dashboard of the License Administration Console. The alerts indicate that the Customer Success Services date is expired. You can ignore such alerts for any license not covered by Customer Success Services. This includes Evaluation licenses, Not for Resale licenses, preview licenses, and Technology Preview licenses. These types of licenses do not need Customer Success Services and your Citrix products do not stop working when the Customer Success Services date is expired. You can verify the status of any license for which you receive an alert by clicking the license on the Dashboard. The license information expands to show the license type (such as Technology Preview), the license expiration date, and the Customer Success Services date.