With Linux VDA Version 7.13, Citrix added the seamless applications feature to all the supported Linux platforms. No specific installation procedures are required to use this feature.
With Linux VDA version 1.4, Citrix added support for non-seamless published applications and session sharing.
Publish applications using Citrix Studio
You can publish applications installed on a Linux VDA when you create a delivery group or add applications to an existing delivery group. The process is similar to publishing applications installed on a Windows VDA. For more information, see the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops documentation (based on the version of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops being used).
When configuring delivery groups, ensure that the delivery type is set to Desktop and applications or Applications.
Publishing applications is supported with Linux VDA Version 1.4 and later. However, the Linux VDA does not support the delivery of desktops and apps to the same machine. To address this issue, we recommend that you create separate delivery groups for app and desktop deliveries.
To use seamless applications, do not disable the seamless mode on StoreFront. The seamless mode is enabled by default. If you have already disabled it by setting “TWIMode=Off,” remove this setting instead of changing it to “TWIMode=On.” Otherwise you might not be able to launch a published desktop.
The Linux VDA does not support the launch of multiple concurrent instances of the same application by a single user.
In an app session, only shortcuts that are specific to the app work as expected.
The following known issues are identified during publishing applications:
- Non-rectangular windows are not supported. The corners of a window might show the server-side background.
- Preview of the content of a window from a published application is not supported.
- Currently, the seamless mode supports the following Window Managers: Mutter, Metacity, and Compiz (Ubuntu 16.04). Kwin and other window managers are not supported. Ensure that your window manager is set a supported one.
- When you run multiple LibreOffice applications, only the one launched first shows on Citrix Studio because these applications share the process.
- Published Qt5-based applications like “Dolphin” might not show icons. To resolve the issue, see the article at https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Qt.
- All the taskbar buttons of published applications running in the same ICA session are combined in the same group. To resolve this issue, set the taskbar property not to combine taskbar buttons.