The following scenarios illustrate the use of EDT enabled NetScaler Gateway.
- A user wants an experience as good as in a LAN environment while remotely accessing business resources.
- A user wants a rich virtual application and desktop user experience on Wi-Fi and cellular networks where network quality is poor because of congestion, high packet loss, and high latency.
The following points are to be kept in mind while using EDT.
- The DTLS knob at the virtual server level is enabled by default.
- EDT is now supported on all the platforms except MPX FIPS platform.
- SNI with DTLS is not supported.
- IPv6 with DTLS is not supported.
- ICA policies do not work if DTLS is enabled. However, the policies continue to work for the existing TCP connections.
- Also, the appliance can now be configured for Double-hop functionality for EDT traffic between Receiver and VDA. For more information, click https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/netscaler-gateway/11/double-hop-dmz.html.