If you are accustomed to using the NetScaler GUI to configure a NetScaler instance, at times, you might find it difficult to recall the exact CLI commands to create a configuration task and run it on multiple NetScaler instances.
NetScaler MAS enables you to record the configuration tasks performed using the GUI of a NetScaler instance and convert it into CLI commands. You can then create a configuration task from these CLI commands and run this task on multiple instances.
1. Navigate to Infrastructure > Configuration Jobs, and then click Create Job.
2. Specify the job name and the type of instance.
3. From the Configuration Source list, select Record and Play, and then select the source instance from which you want to record the configuration. Click Record.
4. The NetScaler GUI opens. Configure the features and settings that you want the configuration task to contain. Then, close the NetScaler GUI window and click Stop in the Configuration Editor. The commands appear as a link in the left pane. Drag and drop the commands to the right pane, and then click Next.
5. Click Add Instances and select the instances on which you want to run the configuration job. Click OK, and then click Next.
6. If you have specified variables in the commands, on the Specify Variable Values tab, click Download Input Key File. In the downloaded file, specify values for the variables, and then upload the file to NetScaler MAS.
7. On the Job Preview tab, you can evaluate and verify the commands to be run on each instance or instance group.
8. On the Execute tab, specify how and when you want to run the commands, and click Finish.
9. On the Jobs page, you can then view the progress of your configuration task execution on all the instances.